Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Made it into the SWAT Brotherhood - Mission Accomplished!

Thumbs up Nicely done!

Well... now I really don't feel bad about not giving you that 1/4 inch for that last legal Halibut.
    I knew that it was just a matter of time seeing how determined you are to get the job done.
    You are indeed the first S.W.A.T. Inductee by way of a Corbina. A Croaker of the "right" kind... no offense to Don and Ken, Colonel & Corporal Croakers.

Like I've always said, the induction fish is only an official validation into the Brotherhood. Once you are a Prospect, we already considered you a part of the Family.

Now, time to cheer on our remaining Prospects, Thien, Danny and Kelly.

Oh, by the way... keep an eye out for a Fed Ex package coming your way.

Congratulations Raney.

Welcome to the SWAT Team and all that it brings. Brings? Huh??? Yeah like your first year working the HG events. Trash bag replacement, carrying things for other people down to the sand from the parking lot, cleaning up the beach afterwards. You know all that Super Glamorizes stuff were all know for. But the best part of it all, helping to get a new person on a fish.

Arthur's selection of prospects are without question. I am very sure, you will continue to show the love of the sport and share it with anyone willing to respect the water and the fish in it.
    The best of luck to you, now it's time to get the other prospects on the team.

WWO

Btw Did you get the signing bonus?

Congrats, Raneman, on your quick and rare qualifier! May you continue your success and keep up the trend!.
    Sid

Congrats Raney! That was an awesome day on the sand! I enjoyed fishing with Sandy, Peter and you lets do it again. I've never caught so many fish on the hard baits in one day. That 115 is a slayer!

P.S. That was my brother James. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by basshole1 View Post
    Nice bean, awesome post, and congrats man!!
    Thank you basshole1!

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Raney!

Only the quickest induction ever?!?!? Great looking bean! Wish I could have stayed to witness it and personally congratulate you. Great job out there and enjoy the high! Oh, and retire that lc! Look at it often as a reminder that you are now officially a part of this great family!

Let's get in a session soon.

Skunked4life
    Thanks Ken! I think Peter may have me beat in the quickest induction ever, mine went exactly 49 days. Maybe Peter can confirm? Great idea on retiring the LC, you've just gave me some ideas on a "wall of fame". Hope to fish with you soon brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Way to go man! When I saw you show up, first thing that popped in my head was the 28 that I got and how that coulda been "the one" for you, but there were fish to be had there. Never imagined you'd seal the deal with a bean. I think you're the first to do that. Awesome job!

Congrats and welcome aboard!
    Don
    Thanks Don! When Peter told me that a 28"er was caught I had a great feeling that this was going to be the day. I remember asking Peter, "You smell that Peter? Smell what? Induction fish haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tamddo714 View Post
    awesome job out there!
    Thank you tamddo714!

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    "Welcome ..... Brotha Raney"

Excellent job on knocking down your SWAT Central Command Challenge Sir!

I don't believe that anyone in SWAT can claim a Corbina as their SWAT qualifier! Nice fish Sir!

I like the induction species that Poseidon gave you ...... unique is very good!

Thanx for the well written qualifying session with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><
    Thanks Dan! I was set on targeting a halibut as my induction fish but having a bean as "the one" was a pleasant surprise for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by remington View Post
    Congratulations on your induction fish Raney. A "bean" no less, that's freaking awesome! It was very nice meeting you & Peter. Hope we can all do it again real soon!

Kelly
    Thank Kelly! It was great meeting you out there also, good luck on your journey for your induction fish. I have a feeling that yours will come much faster than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    Congrats! I'd welcome you to the brotherhood but I already see you like my brother from another mother before. You even stated before the session you were going to get your induction fish and you actually did. A corbina too. Your reports are pretty well written .

Kelly, it was good to meet you out there. I was having fun just watching you guys catch all those fish and couldn't help myself but to join .

-Peter
    My brotha from anotha motha! I still find it funny how everything happened that day. I just wish I would've taken my time to check requirements before the release. Thanks again for being there for me once again.

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Congratulations Raney
    That was definitely the quickest induction to S.W.A.T. ever.
    A 20" bean is a nice induction fish. They are very hard to come by with the LC.
    That spot has just been crazy good this year.
    Thanks for sharing and I'll see you around Brotha,
    Robert
    <><
    Thanks Robert! This year has been crazy good so far. Hope to get some fishing time with you again Brotha.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Really nice slider on the hard bait sir!
    Fair hooked and your first is just awesome ....Not surprising though...This time of year they are not overstuffed with sand crabs and they will attack anything that looks like a meal!

Many moons ago Arthur and myself came up with the concept of S.W.A.T.
    Who would have thought that it would grow to a commando force to be feared in our local SoCal waters so fast?
    You survived the test with dignity Raney and it was not an easy challenge primarily because the qualifying fish standard has increased over the years thereby making it much harder to join the group.

Hold your head high with pride sir and welcome to the brotherhood!

See you on the sand sometime in 2014!

Mike aka "Lt. Bones"
    Thanks for the kind words Mike! I did not know that about corbina, hopefully we can fish together so I can pick your brain some more. I can tell from speaking with you at past HG events that you have masterful insight in this sport we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Well... now I really don't feel bad about not giving you that 1/4 inch for that last legal Halibut.
    I knew that it was just a matter of time seeing how determined you are to get the job done.
    You are indeed the first S.W.A.T. Inductee by way of a Corbina. A Croaker of the "right" kind... no offense to Don and Ken, Colonel & Corporal Croakers.

Like I've always said, the induction fish is only an official validation into the Brotherhood. Once you are a Prospect, we already considered you a part of the Family.

Now, time to cheer on our remaining Prospects, Thien, Danny and Kelly.

Oh, by the way... keep an eye out for a Fed Ex package coming your way.
    Thanks for having such faith in me and not letting me settle for that 1/4" Arthur LOL. Never did I imagine I would be the first at anything when it comes to S.W.A.T. Thanks so much for the package! Again, it's just been a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Congratulations Raney.

Welcome to the SWAT Team and all that it brings. Brings? Huh??? Yeah like your first year working the HG events. Trash bag replacement, carrying things for other people down to the sand from the parking lot, cleaning up the beach afterwards. You know all that Super Glamorizes stuff were all know for. But the best part of it all, helping to get a new person on a fish.

Arthur's selection of prospects are without question. I am very sure, you will continue to show the love of the sport and share it with anyone willing to respect the water and the fish in it.
    The best of luck to you, now it's time to get the other prospects on the team.

WWO

Btw Did you get the signing bonus?
    Thanks Bill! If by signing bonus you mean the FedEx package, then yes I got it. Super cool stuff in there! LOL at your comments about cleaning the beaches, hopefully my extra hands will lighten everyone else's load. I've been working hard to get Danny on the team but lady luck and timing just hasn't been on his side. Hope to see you on the sand soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Congrats, Raneman, on your quick and rare qualifier! May you continue your success and keep up the trend!.
    Sid
    Thanks for the kind words Sid!

Quote Originally Posted by TackleTruck View Post
    Congrats Raney! That was an awesome day on the sand! I enjoyed fishing with Sandy, Peter and you lets do it again. I've never caught so many fish on the hard baits in one day. That 115 is a slayer!

P.S. That was my brother James. LOL
    Hey wassup Bryan! Welcome to the boards! It sure was an awesome day, It was nice getting to fish with you and James also. Sorry I totally butchered his name LOL, I'm horrible at that kind of thing. You know I wasn't so sure about the SurfPointer 115 before that day, but man is that thing effective. We should definitely do it again soon, hit me when you do!

Raney,

I saw the title of your post and knew this was going to be a good read and I was right! Congratulations!

Any time I read about Good Friends sharing some Good Times on the water I'm reminded of the Good Times I've shared on the water fishing with Good Friends. That's what S.W.A.T. is all about and I know that if you ever have the chance to sit and talk with the "Commander" he'll tell you about a Good Friend who I know wears a smile every time a new prospect gets "The One" The S.W.A.T. Induction Fish.

Awesome......Congratulations again!

Hi Raney

How exciting! Your smiles tell it all. What a fun day of fishing you had and you topped it off with a much deserved reward - Congrats and please keep telling your session stories (with pics of course) cuz you're a good writer too. So keep em com in'!!!

Take care,

Nick

Hey Bro

Welcome to the team see you out in the surf.

Congrats
    Ramiro.

Raney congrats and welcome to the brotherhood. Especially on being the first member to get in with a bean. I expected to see a 28"+ flattie when I opened up your report. What a surprise! Looks like a sweet little honey hole there! Oh and cool new LC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast