Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i finally got one !!

Default i finally got one !!

well i decided to get the fishcat 4 i went to sport chalet to look at them one more time today before i went to buy the used one Sunday. well i found out they were on sale :shock: $119.00

i had a 20% off coupon they gave me back in Aug that i was saving to get a drop shot rod for my stradic. well i whipped out my phone did the math and said what the hell. i ended up getting out the door for $103.50 out the door. :D

so now another question what type of waders should i get and what fins?
    they have Hodge's neoprene overalls on sale i think for like 60 some bucks, are those any good?

thanks for all the help and info on what to buy :wink:

Fins: Hotspot fins, you can find them at Turner's Outdoors.

They also sell waders, but I bought a pair of BPS White River waders when they were on sale. I got the stocking foot, so the fins go on easier.

Congrats on the FC4, you'll enjoy it! I just hated the leg cramps after a while in the water.

Congrats on the new FC4. I'm sure you're gonna love it. The 3.5mm neoprene waders are good for staying a little warmer in the cold. Although, they're not as comfortable as breathables. For fins, I think that's a matter of preference. I'm using a pair of dive fins which moves me pretty good.

Default Re: glad ya didnt but that used one

Quote Originally Posted by rezjrprod
    Glad you didnt but that used one!
    thanks for the info about sports chalet. when you told me they were going for 130 i didn't think they were on sale.
    my brother is gonna go get one now tomorrow after we get off work.

is there a cheaper spot to get hotspot fins other then turners?

where did you get them?

OK, i found the outcast fins at BPS Mon, they also had another brand there they were light blue and black. what do you guys think of the force fins ?
    i was looking at the neoprene waders there, and man they look tight. do you guys where them over something, like pants, sweats or long johns?
    the reason i ask is cause i want to try them on but i want to make sure i get the right size.

With the colder months coming, I'll be wearing a pair of Under Armour thermals and jeans under the waders. I'll keep another layer handy in case the water is too chilly.

I've heard a lot about the Force Fins when they first came out. They're just too pricey, though.

Socal Bassman, wear sweats instead of jeans under your waders. The Under Armor is great for another layer of warmth under the waders.

I have thought of the same thing, but was adviced by BPS salesperson that jeans would be too restricting w/ your movement. Sweat pants are looser fit & easier to get over waders.

Also get some ankle cuffs for your sweats. This keeps the sweat pants wanting to ride up your leg when you are putting on your waders.

Thanks for the tips, Ghost. I forgot about ankle cuffs. Sure would be a whole lot cheaper than those fleece wader pants they have at BPS.

Default Re: glad ya didnt but that used one

Quote Originally Posted by rezjrprod
    Glad you didnt but that used one!

Indeed........&#46 ;.........&#46 ;.a little patients paid off. Now you have your own brand new float tube.

Congrats! :appl:

Fisher-of-Men

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast