Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/29/14 Report

Default 3/29/14 Report

Took my brother and my friend out Saturday on a rental boat, we threw the big baits early and only had followers on the line thru. Brother got himself a nice striper around 10am that weighed 23.6 lbs on an A-Rig, after that we trolled for the better part of the day with A-Rigs, and throwing big baits off the bow or trolling them behind the A rig only for the occasional swirls (frustrating) but we ended up picking up a Largemouth in the 6-7 lb range, fat healthy lookin most likely in prespawn stage, and picked up 2 more striper in the later part of the afternoon, the others went 8 and 10 lbs.

All in all a good day of puttin a boat around and trying to find fish without any electronics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper 3.JPG 
Views:	664 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	43773

Pretty darn good work from a rental. Noce catches and thanks for not throwin those jailbirds back! How'd they taste?

Nice job on the stripers, thanks for the report.

Thanks Skinny... Still trying to beat that lake record, so I'll take quality over quantity anyday, but I gave the fish to a co-worker who makes tacos and ceviche, and I'm expecting a plate this afternoon since I haven't experimented with cooking them myself

Thanks GsHkSet1... Noticed this thread usually gets off on politics, so I thought I'd throw a report up for a change lol

Wow! Nice catch!

That's a nice grade of fish there.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Santana View Post
    Thanks GsHkSet1... Noticed this thread usually gets off on politics, so I thought I'd throw a report up for a change lol
    Yea some DD's are being plucked here and there. That lake is awesome, wish I can fish it more often.

Thanks for the report! Good going out there with the fat striper!

Thanks for the report Santana! That big striper looks nice! Heck, all of them are nice catches; especially with no electronics. Get yourself a boat and get that record!

Awesome!
    What speed do you normally troll for stripers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast