Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waking Up Early Made Easy

Default Waking Up Early Made Easy

Woke up this morning and contemplated to hit the cold morning water or to go back to sleep in my warm bed Finally found the strength to change and head to one of my favorite AO. Got into the water about 8am. High tide was at 9:30am with about 5 feet of water, my preferred conditions for this AO. Threw my barred surf perch LC for about 15 minutes then rod went bendo! After a quick fight beached and released a nice 13" perch and skunk off! Worked the beach for another twenty minutes then got another good slam, headshake means halibut! Beached up a nice 18" flatty then back into the waters it went. Was throwing the Lc for another half hour with no takes so i decided to switch to my favorite candy sardine LC. Threw it for about 15 minutes then my rod went bendo again! Got a big head shake as my eyes widened The waves were about 2-3ft and next thing you know the flattie swims in towards me with the wave and its sitting almost right next to me. I quickly back peddle and beach my personal best 34" halibut! =]

Last edited by tamddo714; 03-29-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Hi ya tamddo714,

"Congratulations" on your PB 34" Halibut! WTG!!

Perseverance, determination and patience ...... what a dangerous combination!

Thanx for the fun read along with that amazing pic of your PB!

SP Dan <"))><

Nice Halibut! I woke up early and was trying to decide if I should hit the surf or go to the gym. I hit the gym. Now wish I had hit the surf

Omg!!! From the surf??? Great job out there! Winner winner halibut dinner! Knew that your hard work would pay off but this was amazing!

Skunked4life

Awesome fish! That's a trophy flattie. Sometimes it definitely worth dragging our tired bodies out of bed...not always, but it sure is sweet when it does pay off like that.

Congrats!!!
    Don

34" Wow. Nice catch.
    DR

Very nice.

Your effort was well rewarded.

Now just for those people that fish and not catch anything. I will add that 3 very good fishermen up in my area of fishing got the dreaded skunk yesterday. So even with good intel, the best bet is to do what you did, get out of bed and fish.

WWO

Very nice flatty!!
    Congratulations on a nice sized fish.
    Robert
    <><

thank you for all the kind words! im still surprised i caught this halibut. I really got lucky this time

very nice!
    that's a fatty for sure! sometimes its better to be lucky than good.
    you deserve it, congratualtions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast