Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 57 Tales of Full Tails @ the Border

Default 57 Tales of Full Tails @ the Border

I've been looking forward to this trip since I first started talking to Hometown and the San Pedro Crew about it last summer. The plan was to head South down the 405 towards San Diego and stay with Hook um Dano's family and check out the local fishing prospects at Lake Morena.

Left the San Fernando Valley after morning traffic Friday, picked up the guys in Pedro and hit the road for the weekend

Arrived a few hours later after a few stops and made it finally made it "home" (for the next couple days)...I could get used to this view, complete with a putting green

Uncle Rudy putting in some work just as Rob pulls up with provisions...

SICK pad...

On a whole lotta land....

Rob doing his "Richard Nixon" on the TM65 mobile

Okay on to the fishing part....

Woke up as early as we were able to and got on the water a bit after the lake opened....it was cool, a little windy and dark ominous clouds accompanied us until about noon. (Just what the fishing gods had ordered up for a good day's fishing) Captain Hometown with the guiding light behind him was determined to put us on the fish....

Hook um Dano's wife Sandy was 1st up and delivered the goods with a solid 5lb+ rainbow, sporting a full tail that any So Cal trout fisherman can appreciate!

I was up next and it didn't take long to get on the board as another 5-6lb class bow hit the decks! At that point I knew this was going to be one of "those" days....the ones you talk about for years to come and compare other trips to.

So not an hour into the day and we have bookend fattys on the stringer and I figure everything from this point is just a bonus.....About 15 minutes Hometown goes major bendo and lands our biggest fish of the day weighing in just shy of 8lbs at the end of the day

We got off the water shortly after the sun came out and killed our bite around 2pm, but we definitely did some damage in the time we were on the water....10 trout and a few small cats, the 5 biggest trout going 30lbs!

Did a quick gut cleaning and headed back to the house to get some R&R and enjoy a family birthday party....not a bad way to end a perfect day, enjoying good company over an open fire as the sun is coming down.

Went back out Sunday and although it wasn't as good for the trout as it was the previous day, nobody was complaining

Rob with a nice little kitty...

Dano with a quality bass

A token crappie by yours truely...

Nature's canvas...

Only fished a few hours Sunday as we had to get some things done and head back home, so we headed in for the day. Ran into this nice guy who just got back from San Vicente....I 'think' it's catfish season

GOT TAIL?

My favorite kinda trout

Nice fillets for the cooler

Final damage for the weekend....none of which went to waste as everyone wanted fish for something for someone

Just wanted to say thanks to my Team57 buddies from San Pedro for inviting me into their family and be a part of an amazing weekend.

Until next time....see you on the water!

TD

Epic report TD. I been waiting for this report and pics. I am blown away That looks like a blast out there.. Major props to you all!

Sweet Report Aaron!

Just seeing the title and then seeing you spent the weekend with the San Pedro Crew I knew you guys had a blast. You're right about the fish just being the icing on the cake when you are having a good time with good friends. With as much fun Trolly and I had fishing with you all at the Vine I know there's some long lasting memories for you from this trip.

Congratulations to all of you on some mighty fine looking fish and thanks for the report. I'll see you guys soon.......Night fishing is just around the corner!

Wow Aaron, that is a trip of great memories for sure! Excellent report and pics bro. TD and the San Pedro crew slaying away. It had to be a great trip with that crew! The fishing was just a bonus on that trip. Epic!!!!

Looks like an awesome time. Nice fatties there!!

hey TD!!!!

Awesome report bro!! Good job on all that fishing! looks like you guys mashed them!!!! GREAT PICS too....

see u saturday, ill be tubing it!

tony G

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Epic report TD. I been waiting for this report and pics. I am blown away That looks like a blast out there.. Major props to you all!

Thanks Rooster, I was thinking how much you woulda loved this troll bite!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Sweet Report Aaron!

Just seeing the title and then seeing you spent the weekend with the San Pedro Crew I knew you guys had a blast. You're right about the fish just being the icing on the cake when you are having a good time with good friends. With as much fun Trolly and I had fishing with you all at the Vine I know there's some long lasting memories for you from this trip.

Congratulations to all of you on some mighty fine looking fish and thanks for the report. I'll see you guys soon.......Night fishing is just around the corner!
    You hit the nail on the head Terry, always a good time with great friends....been fortunate to get on some good fish so far in 2014!. Looking forward to the night time fun as well, definitely see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Wow Aaron, that is a trip of great memories for sure! Excellent report and pics bro. TD and the San Pedro crew slaying away. It had to be a great trip with that crew! The fishing was just a bonus on that trip. Epic!!!!
    Thanks Dan, I appreciate the kudos. Hey you know how we do it.....if you aren't having a good time it's your own damn fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Looks like an awesome time. Nice fatties there!!

A flippin blast for sure Daryl, thanks man. I hope to see you on the water soon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    hey TD!!!!

Awesome report bro!! Good job on all that fishing! looks like you guys mashed them!!!! GREAT PICS too....

see u saturday, ill be tubing it!

tony G
    Thanks Tony, we were so pumped with the quality of fish we caught....I hope you catch a "Hometown" sized trout on Saturday! Good luck on the tube.

TD

Aaron what a great report I had such a blast hanging out with friends and fishing so glad you made the trip with us cant wait for the next adventure.

How do u guys do it much love for
    Lake morea had a blast out there with
    The boys. Ready to fish the Monte Carlo
    Tomorrow night here I come sand bass

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Aaron what a great report I had such a blast hanging out with friends and fishing so glad you made the trip with us cant wait for the next adventure.
    AWESOME time HT, lots of laughs for sure...can't wait for the return of the "blind netter"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Pirate View Post
    How do u guys do it much love for
    Lake morea had a blast out there with
    The boys. Ready to fish the Monte Carlo
    Tomorrow night here I come sand bass
    Hope you have a Happy Birthday Rob (didn't know you were Pedro Pirate on FNN ) Looking forward to seeing you again soon buddy....slay a jackpot sandie tomorrow!

TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast