Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: KH/Hermosa: Cold and Gloomy fishing. 3/28/2014

Default KH/Hermosa: Cold and Gloomy fishing. 3/28/2014

Hello all, I had a couple of hours to kill so I decided to hit the jetty. Arrived at the location, weather was overcast and a bit chilly. Started throwing a 4" Gulp mullet on a C-rig and was hit instantly. 10" Calico, didn't fight at all, maybe it was too cold. A couple of casts later, second hit, this time an 11 incher. The bite slowed down considerably, moved on over to the sand. Hooked up a bunch of dink surfperch, nothing to brag about. There was too much salad so I wrapped it up after a half hour. The conditions weren't the best but a day of fishing is a good day in my book!! Take it easy.

First Calico

Second Calico

Walleye

Reason why it didn't fight like a Calico, because that's a Johnny Bass or Olive Rockfish
    Great Catches Though!

Quote Originally Posted by badf1sh View Post
    Reason why it didn't fight like a Calico, because that's a Johnny Bass or Olive Rockfish
    Great Catches Though!
    Upon further inspection, you are absolutely correct. Good eye!! The smaller ones always get me confused. I should pay more attention to my fish, thanks dood!!
    Last edited by basshole1; 03-25-2014 at 11:36 PM.

It's funny...if you look at the patterned, yellow shine just below the lateral line of the second photo, makes it look like that bass was cross bread with a mackerel. Nice catch either way!

Don