Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Metal Mania (feat. Smite the Spoon) 3/23 w-pics

Default Metal Mania (feat. Smite the Spoon) 3/23 w-pics

Took a trip out on the Santa Monica Bay with my buddy Jason "jscrib" aboard my 15ft skiff "Red Drum". Got on the water around 7:15am and Bass were smiting my knock-off Kroc spoon like there was no tomorrow. Jason got a couple bites but couldn't get the fish to stay hooked on his lead head swim bait lures.

Here are two of my first couple Bass that couldn't resist the flash and wobbling action of the same spoon that I've used on my last three trips.

After Jason saw me catch five Bass to his zero, he ask me if he could join me in some "metal mania" and try one of my spoons, and low and behold, on his first cast with a blue mackerel pattern spoon, he goes bendo and pulls in a nice Sand Bass. Way to go Scribby.

A couple Sand Bass later, Jason pulls in a nice Calico that smite his spoon with a vengeance.

After we caught and released over 20+ Bass, we went out and tried for some Rockies.

Vermilion Rockfish.

Jason and a Big Brown Rockfish that was a maniac for the metal.

Had another great trip out on the big pond, can't wait to go again. HOOK-UP!!

Till next tide,

Fantastic job the both of you

Great work with the tableware! How were you working the spoon? Vertical or casting out? Thanks for the report, yours are always great.