Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Bowfishing Season

Default 2014 Bowfishing Season

Hey everyone seeing if anyone out there has done any bowfishing this year we've been doing pretty good on the Colorado River in Blythe heres a couple photos from some of our previous outtings

Only smiling in a few of those pics! Come on guys I know you think it is fun! I was thinking of bringing my bow out to the river this summer. I won't have that sweet shooting deck, but it should work.

nice going out there,
    been itching to go out
    -bb

well if you guys head out pm us were always up for taking people out.... next year were setting up a guide service and in the works with AMS for pro staff sponsorship

5. Default

Dam thats alot, great job! do you guys eat them?

Awesome! My son and I have tried the canals in town off I 95. Fish are easily spooked though and tough to hit. Nice job.

I have been looking into doing that this year, trying to find the regs for all fish that can be bowfished my brother in Illinios has been doing this for years and is sending me some gear nothing expensive but will get the job done.What are the season dates for bow fishing? oh and by the way awesome catch
    Last edited by fullstringer; 03-29-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullstringer View Post
    I have been looking into doing that this year, trying to find the regs for all fish that can be bowfished my brother in Illinios has been doing this for years and is sending me some gear nothing expensive but will get the job done.What are the season dates for bow fishing? oh and by the way awesome catch
    there is no season for bowfishing currently big bear and lake elsinore are the only lakes i know of that allow bowfishing and im pretty sure they only allow carp to be shot....on the colorado river you can shoot carp, talapia, shad, and mullet... no limits on any of the fish

Default dfg rules

2.25. BOW AND ARROW FISHING.
    Bow and arrow fishing is permitted only for the taking of carp, goldfish, western sucker, Sacramento blackfish, hardhead, Sacramento pikeminnow and lamprey, all year, except in:
    (a) Designated salmon spawning areas (See Fish and Game Code Section 1505).
    (b) The Colorado River District where only carp, tilapia, goldfish and mullet may be taken.
    (c) See bullfrogs (section 5.05).
    (d) The East Fork of the Walker River between Bridgeport Dam and the Nevada State line where only carp may be taken.

Nice quality tilapia. Good eating after the hunting. Well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast