Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Santa Monica Bay Rpt. 3/16 w-pics

Default Santa Monica Bay Rpt. 3/16 w-pics

Did a solo trip out aboard my 15ft aluminum skiff in the Santa Monica Bay, targeting the regular critters.

Caught a nice fat Brown Rockfish on the first drop...now that is how I like to start the day.

Caught a bunch of these pretty Vermilion Rockfish.

Tied on a big Kroc spoon and caught a few fat Copper Rockfish.

Passed by a nice kelp patty, but too early in the year and nobody was home...it sure looked nice.

The sundown Calico bite was full speed on the big Kroc spoons...love when that happens.

Caught 3 bugs out of my first round of 5 pulls.

However, a big Seal showed up and destroyed two of my bait cages and messed with my other three remaining nets, so I went home after two rounds. The Seals have been brutal the last couple of months. Still had a great time out on the big pond...can't wait to go again. HOOK-UP!!

Till next tide,

Amazing solo session. WTG!

I really like the results you've been getting on the crocs,I'm gonna have get a few for the Cali's,great going the the bugs also,thanks.

Cya Tuna Vic

Those seals can be brutal!
    Had one actually bring the net up from the bottom and start tossing it around, like it was a fish..
    Nice report,
    Robert
    <><