Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 2nd Rod

Default 2nd Rod

I know alot of people use a second rod in addition to jigging, how do you guys set it up. Ive been using a egg sinker with a power worm combo seems to heavy though anyone have good was to troll on the tube?

try the Berkley flicker shad great trolling lure

Going really slow, starting and stopping like in a tube, tie a light wire woolly worm straight to your light line and just let it trail in the water. It works great for trout.

i've always used a carolina rig, but instead of an egg sinker, i'll use a small split shot that will give the bait a much slower sink. it's worked great for me so far. just dont wrap the line around the split shot, just pinch it just enough so it closes and it can slide up and down the line and not damage it. The other option is to use a really small worm sinker. They make them down to 1/32 or 1/16 oz. use it like you would a carolina rig, and just drag a mice tail behind you as you jig, but cast it off to the side a bit and let out some slack. the super light weight will give it a slow fall, you your movement with the tube will give it some action as you drag it along.