Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Smb

Default Smb

I'm going to head out to dvl this week and was wondering if anyone has any info or advice on techniques to catch smb. Like should I dropshot a certain size worm or color

Last time i went i caught two in the quarry area on a 4" fat robo in red crawler. They seem to like the rocks in deeper water.

when I target SMB i throw under spins with a grub tail they hammer them or underspin with a swim body

I t-rig either a hula grub or a baby brush hog and bounce it down the walls. 3/16 black bullet weight unpegged. Green pumpkin or watermelon with either blue, green or red flakes. Smallies like the flashy stuff. But watch your line closely as they do tend to hit it on the fall. I would hate to see those Smallies get gut hooked. And remember, zero in possession for SMB's...

Thanks for the info guys. I will be fishing from shore so hopefully the info you guys gave me will work out. I plan to CPR any smb.