Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL ANAHEIM Angels 2014 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Dodgers suck and Vin Scully needs to retire, Puig will be in jail before the end of the season.

Keep your Dodger crap to the official Dodger thread you opened!
    But this is Angels AND Dodger crap tho.

;-)

T.O., is that you?

And Puig in jail?

Someone better make sure Hamilton doesn't venture out to the IE. ;-)
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 03-17-2014 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    But this is Angels AND Dodger crap tho.

;-)

T.O., is that you?

And Puig in jail?

Someone better make sure Hamilton doesn't venture out to the IE. ;-)
    Seriously though I think it's time to turn the page on Scully and I know I'm in the minority. Was raised listening to him, went to bed listening to him on the radio as a kid, couldn't get enough, now when I listen to him I can't make it to bed in time I fall asleep wherever I may be instantly, monotone and BORING.

Sorry about the Scully talk Angel fans.

Need to get on the Internet and pick up a few right field Sunday afternoon tickets noticed only a few left for the first Sunday game against Mets. Love sitting in the sun getting a good burn and buzz on watching the Halo's!

Trout for MVP this year no doubt about it. has been robed but not this year guaranteed!! he's putting on a hurting already

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman951 View Post
    Trout for MVP this year no doubt about it. has been robed but not this year guaranteed!!
    So you're saying that Miguel Cabrera, the last person to win the Triple Crown since 1967 didn't deserve the MVP that year?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So you're saying that Miguel Cabrera, the last person to win the Triple Crown since 1967 didn't deserve the MVP that year?
    cabrera def had a good year but compare numbers to.numbers trout is not just offense like cabrera. hes an all around player ofense defense runs bases he just does it all. what more does cabrera have to talk about other then offense??

cabrera def had a good year but compare numbers to.numbers.
    Yeah, I compared HRs, Batting Average and RBIs....

hes an all around player ofense defense runs bases he just does it all.
    I heard the 'Trout's defense' defense before, but where's his Gold Glove? Certainly, a player whose defensive play would be a talking point on why they deserve an MVP should've won a Gold Glove for his position, right?

what more does cabrera have to talk about other then offense??
    Taking his team to the post season perhaps, mainly due to his contributions on the field?

Yes, it was neck and neck and I don't think the voting should've been THAT disparate. I mean, 22 out of 28 first place votes for Miggy? I would've liked to see it a bit closer, but a las, I think the true MVP was selected that year.

East coast bias, it's always about east coast bias when it comes to voting. But Trout has been affected more by his name, I mean how can anybody take trout seriously? Should have been named Mike Striper.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    East coast bias, it's always about east coast bias when it comes to voting. But Trout has been affected more by his name, I mean how can anybody take trout seriously? Should have been named Mike Striper.
    Mike Sturgeon

Wow! This Cabrera deal the Tigers just handed out is going to effect the Trout deal for sure! Cabrera is a great hitter and deserves to get paid but that is a lot of cash to dole out on a player that still had 2 yrs. left on his contract. Only time will tell if this becomes a bad deal like some others out there. Lol! As agents sit back drinking Scotch and grinning, the MLB owners are hitting their heads on their desks. I know the Angels were trying to get a deal done for Trout before Monday's opener but this could slow things down and cost a pretty penny more now.

Glad to see my Angels get a win against are NL cross town rivals last night even if it was just preseason!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 03-28-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Wow! This Cabrera deal the Tigers just handed out is going to effect the Trout deal for sure! Cabrera is a great hitter and deserves to get paid but that is a lot of cash to dole out on a player that still had 2 yrs. left on his contract. Only time will tell if this becomes a bad deal like some others out there. Lol! As agents sit back drinking Scotch and grinning, the MLB owners are hitting their heads on their desks. I know the Angels were trying to get a deal done for Trout before Monday's opener but this could slow things down and cost a pretty penny more now.

Glad to see my Angels get a win against are NL cross town rivals last night even if it was just preseason!
    The way I look at it, it's not really thaaaat bad of a contract... they are simply paying by the pound.

Now, since Cabrera is increasingly looking like the guy who can hit the snot out of the ball, but can't hit the treadmill nor the salad bar, the cost per pound will continue to drop.

Plus, there will always be a Texas waiting to trade for him after their season goes off the rails.

And most importantly, it's not like other 10 year deals have gone bad.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast