Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: San Gabriel River

Default San Gabriel River

Has anyone fished up here this year? I am wondering if conditions are good enough to fish in this drought.

Quote Originally Posted by vistacourt View Post
    Has anyone fished up here this year? I am wondering if conditions are good enough to fish in this drought.
    You called it pretty good....another year of severe drought with little to none of replenishing rains. Water is skinny....fish are very small and skittish. The resource on both Forests has taken a beating with no relief in immediate sight other then talk of a 50% chance of a real El Nino developing next year and then we'll have the opposite situation. If you have the resources...go visit Bishop or Bridgeport. Stream fishing up there is very good right now for both stream (Owens River and East & West Walker River) and Pleasant Valley Reservoir which is kicking out 20" fish.

I'm planning to go up there in about two weeks or so. Ill make a post on what I find.