Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2014 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by Havana Club Rum

I'm hoping they bite the bullet, let One-ear Guerrero either make it or break it as a big-leaguer and put their pennies toward the 'pen.

That said, is anyone curious about the possibility of Chad Five-iningsly as a reliever?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I'm hoping they bite the bullet, let One-ear Guerrero either make it or break it as a big-leaguer and put their pennies toward the 'pen.

That said, is anyone curious about the possibility of Chad Five-iningsly as a reliever?
    I thought the Dodgers declined option on good ole Chadwick this year I believe. Didn't he have Tommy John again last season, or get his elbow worked on again?

(Which means we'll sign him for 4 years)

And Guerrero is a natural 2nd baseman. I don't think he'd shine at SS as much as Arraburereanananeananbananfananrena does. We still have the Rojo Chingón in Justin Turner to assist at SS, or we can see if Dee "zNuts" Gordon's throw from SS can find first base; he didn't look too hot playing SS in the past. It's just too bad none of these guys can hit their weight.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 11-26-2014 at 10:53 AM.

WTF, I leave the country for a few days and I come back and it looks like we're having a fire sale. I needed an Excel spreadsheet and algorithms to understand what we have done so far:

So to recap, we sent these guys packing:

- Gordon, who showed prowess last year obviously, but for a lead off hitter, didn't get on base much. His speed was not a factor in the postseason. You can't steal first.
    - Haren, who signed up for his AARP benefits a week ago.
    - Dominguez, a guy who throws four seamers at 100 MPH, and they leave the park at 140 MPH.
    - Greg Harris, who?
    - Magill, the starter who was never good.
    - Butera, a backup catcher who could not hit the right side of the barn.
    - Kemp, a guy who just got injured as I'm typing this sentence.

Let go of:
    - Hanley, who was a brat and extremely inconsistent, and probably the league's worst defensive short stops.

Got:
    - Mike Bolsinger, a crappy reliever that we found in the dumpster
    - Juan Nicasio, a crappy reliever with an ERA over 5.00 for the past 3 years, that we found in the dumpster
    - Adam Liberatore, an unknown reliever
    - Joel Peralta, a crappy reliever that we found in the dumpster
    - Ryan Lavarnway, another catcher without a bat
    - Andrew Heaney, who we promptly traded away
    - Enrique Hernandez, an Astros cast-off
    - Brandon McCarthy, who was a solid reliever
    - Two other Marlins prospects, who are likely going to be dealt elsewhere so who cares
    - Jimmy Rollins, an old man
    - Yasmani Grandal, a roiding Cuban catcher whose backup in SD performed better than him. (What's up with the Cubans seeking asylum at Chavez Ravine? It's beginning to look like Little Havana up in here)

So, at the end of the day, I see a lot of moving $hít around in exchange for $hít. These cyberdorks that the Dodgers are putting in charge of personnel better have a plan.

...it's a rebuilding year.

...it's a rebuilding year.
    "We are looking at undervalued players."

I.e. Dumpster Diving

City Girl is still hatin' on the Kemp trade... This'll take a while to heal.

What's the consensus on Pederson doing anything this year?

City Girl is still hatin' on the Kemp trade... This'll take a while to heal.

What's the consensus on Pederson doing anything this year?
    Well, considering they just moved Kemp (who was actually playing decent in the 2nd half of the year), Pederson better turn into Joe DiMaggio real quick. Now if they trade Ethier, Friedman will have lost the entire sharpie eyebrow female fan base.

These cyberdorks the Dodgers hired remind me of some people in my fantasy football league who are bored at work and propose 5 trades a day because they have nothing else to do. Too bad they can't trade Mattingly.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Well, considering they just moved Kemp (who was actually playing decent in the 2nd half of the year), Pederson better turn into Joe DiMaggio real quick. Now if they trade Ethier, Friedman will have lost the entire sharpie eyebrow female fan base.

These cyberdorks the Dodgers hired remind me of some people in my fantasy football league who are bored at work and propose 5 trades a day because they have nothing else to do. Too bad they can't trade Mattingly.
    and there's the rub. sabermetrics is fine... but someone has to be the skipper

So Matt Kemp has hips like Red Foxx.

Who would've thunk it.

Apparently we tried to pass one over on San Diego and now it bit us in the rear end. A lot of the nerds latest acquisitions and moves were based on the salary dump of Kemp. Your move, Dodgers.

The Dodgers are about to sign righty Chin-Hui Tsao to a minor-league deal, Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times writes. The 33-year-old played for the Rockies and Dodgers in parts of four seasons from 2003-2007. He has not played pro ball since 2009 when he was banned from the Chinese Professional Baseball League in Taiwan after allegations that he helped fix games.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast