Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2014 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by Havana Club Rum

Default The OFFICIAL 2014 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by Havana Club Rum

Havana Club Rum - "Because it's very bad to steal Jobu's Rum."™

•

"It's tiiiiime for Dodger baseball!"

You know the drill. This thread will be dedicated to Dodger Baseball only. If you want to talk about your own crappy team, create your own crappy thread. Hopefully the official Angel thread is started before the All Star Break.

Let's start with where I get laughed at, the prognostications:

The Dodgers will go 92-70, which is enough to finish first in the NL West behind the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies. Can they win 100? Sure, but you have factor in the Mattingly Coefficient™, and factor in the 8 losses that will be due to his managing.

NL West:

1. LA Doyers
    2. Arizona Diamondbacks
    3. Colorado Rockies
    4. SF vaGiants
    5. San Diego Padres

NL Central:

1. St. Louis Cardinals
    2. Cincinnati Reds
    3. Pittsburgh Pirates
    4. Milwaukee Brewers
    5. Chicago Cubs

NL East:

1. Washington Nationals
    2. Atlanta Braves
    3. Philadelphia Phillies
    4. New York Mets
    5. Miami Marlins

World Series:

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Boston Red Sox, Red Sox win in 7, LA burns down.

•

Personal Awards:

NL MVP: Bryce Harper

NL CY YOUNG: Clayton Kershaw

NL HR LEADER: Giancarlo Stanton

NL BATTING CHAMP: Andrew McCutchen

•

ESPN Links

• Dodgers Site On ESPN
    • Execution Dates (2014 Schedule)
    • How Many Cubans Do We Have On This Team? (2014 Roster)
    • Who's At Second? (2014 Depth Chart)
    • You Want Lee AND Pederson? GTFOH (2014 Transactions)

Official Links

• Dodgers.com
    • Facebook
    • Twitter

Dodger News

• LA Times
    • Yahoo Sports
    • ESPN
    • ESPN LA
    • Sports Illustrated
    • Fox Sports
    • Prime Ticket
    • MLB Trade Rumors

Dodger Blogs

• Dodger Digest
    • Dodger Thoughts
    • Vin Scully Is My Homeboy
    • True Blue LA
    • The Left Field Pavilion
    • Chad Moriyama
    • Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness
    • Dodgers Blue Heaven

1. Joe Kelly gets broken ribs on his first trip to Dodger Stadium this year.

2. Ian Kennedy gets his helmet cracked at his first plate appearance this year

3. Dodger players again swim in the pool

4. Kirk Gibson fired as well as Kevin Towers for inciting riots in Los Angeles

5. Dodgers ROLL!! to 100 wins

6. McCann cries and whines... while lobbying for baseball commish job... to educate on the unwritten rules

7. Chris Davis fails a test

8. Sandoval learns he cant hit and eats his 40 lbs back

9. League has a Cy Young caliber year.

10 Brian Wilson is closer by July

11. Cubs are irrelevant

12. David Wright gets traded for Joc

13. Ethier ends up with most games played than the other "3"

14. Kemp hooks up with Miley

15. Charlie and Orel Twerk on camera

16. Lima time would of made the best SportsNetLa broadcaster

17. Karros and Piazza finally come out

18. Piazza is the new face of ProActiv as his back clears up

19. Dodgers give a shot at Jamey Carrol at the trade deadline

20. Dodgers win world series and Vinny retires!

Thoughts on Puig's meager Spring?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Thoughts on Puig's meager Spring?
    Winnie the Puig lacks discipline. If you look at his body language, and then you look at Pederson's body language, you'll see what I'm referring to.

He's a puppy that is still peeing on the living room rug and nobody has found a way to house train him. What's the equivalent of crate training in MLB terms?

•

On a side note, those that have been lucky enough to actually get the new Dodger channel with Time Warner have seen a huge amount of what my former coach used to call, "grab as$ing" in the club house. Is Mattingly's 'aww shucks' attitude causing the players to keep pushing the line on what is considered 'proper behavior' in the club house. I'm all for fun and games, but I also remember what happened with the Jesse Orosco shoe polish incident w/ Gibson in '88.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Winnie the Puig lacks discipline. If you look at his body language, and then you look at Pederson's body language, you'll see what I'm referring to.

He's a puppy that is still peeing on the living room rug and nobody has found a way to house train him. What's the equivalent of crate training in MLB terms?

On a side note, those that have been lucky enough to actually get the new Dodger channel with Time Warner have seen a huge amount of what my former coach used to call, "grab as$ing" in the club house. Is Mattingly's 'aww shucks' attitude causing the players to keep pushing the line on what is considered 'proper behavior' in the club house. I'm all for fun and games, but I also remember what happened with the Jesse Orosco shoe polish incident w/ Gibson in '88.

I'd love to see Puig and Joc swap places by June... maybe it'd light a fire under the Cuban Missile?

The TV thing is F'd up! I think they're angling for their own network, like the Yankees Yes. Effing jerks.

I'd love to see Puig and Joc swap places by June... maybe it'd light a fire under the Cuban Missile?
    Well, as I've seen, lighting anything near anything combustible ends up looking like this:

In other words, you do that, and Puig and his agent will ask for a trade immediately. The media/Dodgers have built Puig into this "untouchable" force. If he gets knocked off that post, I'm sure he won't appreciate it.

The TV thing is F'd up! I think they're angling for their own network, like the Yankees Yes. Effing jerks.
    CD, I think they already have their own network. The channel shows only Dodgers, all the time.

(I think Time Warner needs to recuperate some of their money thanks to the newly formed Laker channel that only 2 people watch. If you need proof, check out the Laker thread on this same forum, where as of 4 years ago, you had the 'fans' proclaiming dominance, now those same fans are surprisingly no longer interested in the sport)

so what if Puig is hittin' sub .200 come May?

Deportation?

You knew it was just a matter of time before it happened.

It'll be the Crawford/Kemp/Ethier show.

The reason they make keep Pederson in triple or double A is to get reps, rather than sit on the bench.

BUT, you know someone will get hurt AND Puig is gonna suck. Then ish gets real interesting.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast