Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange County Park Lakes Suck.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Great post! Agree 100000%. I have lived in orange county all my life and even from when I was a teenager in the mid 90's the lakes have all declined more than I could have ever feared.
    You mean because dikheads like this take everything home that they catch?:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    A simple check of California agencies list brought up only 384 of them - a far cry from the "over 500" you claim. Using census statistics, that's one agency for every 90,000 legal residents - hardly an overwhelming ratio.

And here's a newsflash for you, Dev - many of them already are consolidated under 8 parent agencies. It's only the disingenuous who take advantage of the inconsistency in department/agency naming to suggest that the government is bigger than it should be.

Incidentally, was it so hard finding the link you used previously in this same spiel? Nevermind the fact their list has some redundant and misleading listings.
    Suck it Quagga here was the link.

List of California state agencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_state_agencies

This List of State of California agencies, departments, and commissions is a
    partial list of the more than 500 California state government agencies,
    departments, ...

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Suck it Quagga here was the link.

List of California state agencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_state_agencies

This List of State of California agencies, departments, and commissions is a
    partial list of the more than 500 California state government agencies,
    departments, ...
    Hey numbnuts! I know where you got your most recent list from. Funny how you omitted the [citation needed] portion, which means there is no reference provided to back up the "more than 500" claim in that entry. You also conveniently omitted the [1] reference - which, if your spraypaint-addled brain had bothered to investigate, would have pointed you to the CA.gov Agency Directory, which lists......wait for it......384 listings.

Huff it, Dev.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 03-12-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Hey numbnuts! I know where you got your most recent list from. Funny how you omitted the [citation needed] portion, which means there is no reference provided to back up the "more than 500" claim in that entry. You also conveniently omitted the [1] reference - which, if your spraypaint-addled brain had bothered to investigate, would have pointed you to the CA.gov Agency Directory, which lists......wait for it......384 listings.

Huff it, Dev.
    Everyone knows Wikipedia entries are truth.

Get with the program.

Default Bring back the days of a simple time

dude you are so right. I remember when I use to ride my bike to Clark Park, but it use to be called Los Coyotes back then, awesome bass fishing and monster cats. Those were the days before Tri-city park got all built up and ya, Tri city was epic bass fishing. Way before the days of truck trout being brought in. If you ask me, the whole truck trout thing ruined all the park lakes. It brought the mongers.........by that I mean the bucket brigade and the cormorants and pelicans. I never saw them until the trout showed up. Gay if you ask me.

this is the park fishing I have out here, no people, no truck trout. Miles and miles of water. That is when there is no ice that is !!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You mean because dikheads like this take everything home that they catch?:

Or like this? Found this pic on the Sea Eagle website.

Last edited by reservoir dog; 03-12-2014 at 10:36 PM.

^^^ is that good ol' Marlon Meade of Berkley Powerbait Irvine Lake fame?

Quote Originally Posted by muskyman View Post
    by that I mean the bucket brigade
    Uh oh... He said the "B" word.

I think Marlon was famous for his minijigs. Kind of taken out of context. I have been fishing in Louisiana every spring. It is a different world back there. They keep every Bass in the slot, cook them for lunch, and then bring a limit home for dinner. These stringers are still being caught every day back east. It was like that here in the sixties. We used to go hike in to Oso Reservoir and load stringers of bass out of there, jump back over the fence and take them to 3.5 for fish tacos on the beach. I learned to fly fish on the wild (at the time) Santa Ana river just above the Imperial Highway bridge.. Bass, big Green Sunfish, Channel Catfish, several different types of Carp. Tons of Crawdads. One spring night 500 of the critters crawled out of a metal trash can in my back yard at night and migrated all over my block. I can still here the screams as the ladies discovered the (Crabs!) feasting on their lawns in the morning. This is my point and several of you have voiced this opinion. We didn't have any stocking out here. You could fish everywhere. You caught fish everywhere. Frogs were everywhere. We just need to build these ponds correctly. Just like the ones Bill Dance builds in his yard and fishes on his shows. They have hard bottom area, they have structure for the fish to hide and spawn in. They have some depth for the fish to escape the heat. They have some current in the form of a creek that flows into the lake. They will produce tons of fish within a slot limit. These fish can be kept by any who will eat them. It is good for the lake to pull these fish out so as to make room for more that will quickly grow into slot size fish. These lakes produce lots of 12 to 15 inch Bass, and Channel Catfish by the bucket load. All by their selves with no stocking or Bluestoning needed. I would much rather pay the DFG to manage my lakes with a growth sustainable management system. If anything is stocked it should be native to the area so it can survive all four seasons. Around here there plenty of places to catch trout up to and over 20 pounds (SARL) or a fairly easy limit of tasty nice trout Irvine/Laguna Niguel Res. We don't need to be paying to stock Sardine size trout in our lakes only to feed the Cormorants and the Bass. These bass would grow fine on a diet of Bluegill and Shad like they would in a correctly managed system of Park lakes. We are paying top dollar for poor performance. Having the wrong fish shoved at us because thats how it has always been done. Not working anymore. They overhaul these lakes from time to time. Who will step up and complain ? Open our lakes to fishing and manage them correctly. Not much to ask of our DFG. Give the next generation something to do here at home because travel is getting more and more expensive. I want my Grandkids to ride their bikes down to the lake, find some line and a hook and yank some Bluegill out my local pond. I would love to see a row of fisherman catching Stripers and Largemouth and big Cannel Cats out of the upper Santa Ana river. Or a Crappie bite at Tri-city. I do have to give a nod to the city of Fullerton that tried hard with Laguna Lake. They took our only Lily Pad fishery out, but they gave us pond with depth and current. If only they would quit stocking it with little Trout and instead give us some Florida strain Bluegill and Crappie. How about they give us a truck and just let us pull some fish out of their stash spots( Anaheim Hills/Katella Pits) and put them in our parks where the public could have a chance? It just a waste to keep us from fishing and pay people to buy food. (Food Stamps) It is also a waste to watch our county spend millions studying the Great Park and not spend a little to create self sufficient ponds that could produce great fishing at a minimum of cost. Imagine...

Default Lady Guagga instructing another "fisherman"...

Troll? You volunteer your stupidity, no trolling is necessary.

Now go catch me a fish on some bluegill bait.
    to "catch me a fish..." is the closest this supposed Girl has and most likely will ever come to posting a single real fishing report on FNN.

Can anyone disprove this?

Happy Trolling

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast