Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riverside mexican restaurant.

I'm not really into Art Deco for my food choices,but still interesting,thanks for sharing,some of the best eateries I've ever visited never looked like that! It was never about decor,it was always about taste.jmo

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot951 View Post
    If you guys wanna try a hole in the wall place there is El Colima at the cross section of Van Buren Ave & Jurupa Rd behind the gas station. My favorite there is the colima burrito and pozole.
    i really have to disagree with u on this 1, from my mexican point of view this place sucks, last time i gave it a shot they gave us BURNT chips, we got up and left

sorry to thread jack by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    You bet! My Dad was going there up until he died nearly 3 years ago. My Mom still goes. When we visit her that's the go to lunch place we take her to. She lives just a couple miles from it.

How about Delia's Grinders on University ? That BREAD is the BEST!!!!

WWO
    Your mom must live close to us WWO my wife and I go there a lot for lunch and who knows, might have sat in the booth next to you guys at one time. Never been to Delia's yet but on the list now.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Your mom must live close to us WWO my wife and I go there a lot for lunch and who knows, might have sat in the booth next to you guys at one time. Never been to Delia's yet but on the list now.
    My Mom lives in the Villa Victoria tract off Arlington..

D'Elias Grinders on the corner of University and Kansas Streets. Just get the standard D'Elia's grinder and you will see what I mean. Not to sure how old the new building is but when we were kids it was a walk up to the window place. So great to see the Food hasn't changed at all after all these years.

WWO

D'Elias Grinders best dang pastrami on the planet, their rolls are home made by themself every morning in own little bakery behind the tire shop(econo tire) on Arlington just west of van buran 25 years ago use to have another deli stand at the same location where the oil change place is now,,, for mex food sure do miss Gay and Larry's also great mex food joint is Papis on van buran been going there 30 year

Thanks for your reply's guys.

Pretty sure they're related....there's a second Tio's up in the Woodcrest area of Riverside on the corner of Van Buren and Wood. Has the same type of art inside your describing. I agree, it's very good. Especially love "Taco Tuesday," 2 for the price of 1.......who doesn't love tacos!!??

Have to mention Anchos down Hole Ave as well. Best fresh tortillas I've ever had and the Skirt Steak/Steak Tacos are INCREDIBLE!!

Thanks my wife and I had a carpet store on hole near the mall for years but never ate there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABC_2081.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	43767Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABC_2095.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	43768

Dona timo has authentic Mexican food and ddogs is a build your own burger place. Both are on university in downtown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12