Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing at the Dam

Default Fishing at the Dam

Fished the Dam this past Sunday from 7:30 am to 2 pm.

The muck was all along the Dam and extended about 10 - 15 feet away from the shoreline. The weather was very nice, but the wind was low-moderate and kept moving our lines to the left.

To my surprise, the bite at the Dam was quite well. However, most of the fish caught were on the smaller 1-2 lbs. The fish attacked the bait when it hit the water.

At the end of the day, we got 6 fishes total. One fish was less than 1 lb and was released to fight another day. 3 were about 1 lb, 1 was 6.5 lb, and the last one was 7.5 lb. We fished about 60-70 feet away from the "end" of the Dam area.

One last word of advice, if there muck is still in the water when you fish, do NOT put your fish on a stringer to place back in the water. Your wife will hate you because your fish(es) will have have a mouthful of muck and dirt all over the scales and gills.

Quote Originally Posted by tommibear View Post
    Fished the Dam this past Sunday from 7:30 am to 2 pm.

The muck was all along the Dam and extended about 10 - 15 feet away from the shoreline. The weather was very nice, but the wind was low-moderate and kept moving our lines to the left.

To my surprise, the bite at the Dam was quite well. However, most of the fish caught were on the smaller 1-2 lbs. The fish attacked the bait when it hit the water.

At the end of the day, we got 6 fishes total. One fish was less than 1 lb and was released to fight another day. 3 were about 1 lb, 1 was 6.5 lb, and the last one was 7.5 lb. We fished about 60-70 feet away from the "end" of the Dam area.

One last word of advice, if there muck is still in the water when you fish, do NOT put your fish on a stringer to place back in the water. Your wife will hate you because your fish(es) will have have a mouthful of muck and dirt all over the scales and gills.
    Nice catch tommibear.

I guess that your wife cleans your fish for you. I certainly don't have to worry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Nice catch tommibear.

I guess that your wife cleans your fish for you. I certainly don't have to worry about that!
    They close main ramp for 3-4 days maybe a week to clean up those stuff. by the time they are done with the clean up ... more fish around the dam...lol...I hit limit everyday lot of big units.

Btw they plant trout at the west ramp 30" ago...not too much. cant believe they did not inform the main ramp close ahead of time. some people tralvel far away to the lake try to rent the boat but had to go home.
    Last edited by koifish; 03-10-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koifish View Post
    They close main ramp for 3-4 days maybe a week to clean up those stuff. by the time they are done with the clean up ... more fish around the dam...lol...I hit limit everyday lot of big units.

Btw they plant trout at the west ramp 30" ago...not too much. cant believe they did not inform the main ramp close ahead of time. some people tralvel far away to the lake try to rent the boat but had to go home.
    I hope that you mean that they are launching form the West Ramp.