Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peck Park & Santa Fe Dam

Default Peck Park & Santa Fe Dam

So i figure since the last two posts ive made only had 1 response each, and a load of views, that if i keep posting things and come out of being a watcher of the forums to a poster of the forums, i wont have that problem again. So here it is. Sunday afternoon after the rain had passed, i headed out to peck park first. mostly walked around it because the water level rose an incredible amount. was there two weekends ago, and was able to walk across the trickle of water left in the little stream connecting the two lakes, but on sunday it was up to almost the top of the bank there like 5 to ten feet. so a lot. there was a good amount of fishermen (like 5) but those 5 were taking up the only fish-able spots since the water was up so much. walked around for about 30 min, and made a few casts, but decided to head over to Santa-Fe dam. go there, and headed to my spot, talking to a few people fishing, none had caught anything. got to the spot, and fished for about 20 minutes with a rapala, with not hits, so i switched over to my "luck" to go lure. about 5 to 10 minutes later, bam fish on. landed a pretty small LMB, but hey a fish is a fish. took a picture, and let the guy go. fished for a while more, using my go to lure and bam another fish on. This one felt much bigger, and it was, but it was a real fighter, i fought it for a decent amount of time, didnt just drag it in, and landed it, and this one was a decent bass out of Santa Fe Dam. i was fishing with my girlfriends dad, and at this point hes dismayed, so i switch rods with him so he can have the lucky lure, and about 15 minutes later he has a fish on and he lands it and its a beautiful fish. it also inhaled the lure, and was bleeding. we were afraid it wasn't going to make it, but we got it back in the water, and off he swam, but ended up comming up to the surface, and after a few minutes of struggling, he finally swam away. it was a good and beautiful day to be fishing!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140302_163005.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	43599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140302_172256(0)[1].jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	43600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0942[1].jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	43601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG952161[1].jpg 
Views:	834 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	43602

good report, glade you got some fish, parks are hard fishing because they get so much pressure.. looks beautiful I will have to check it out some day..

tight lines out there

Nice report and pics. Always gotta have that one go to lure that you have confidence in!

Nice report. It's pretty common to see your posts flooded with views and either a response or two. Don't get discouraged though.

I've never had any real success with Santa Fe. The shoreline is just too dense for my taste, and it can be a tough place to fish from shore in the summer months.

Is that last picture from Santa Fe? And, did you see anyone catch anything at Peck? I was debating on trying it last week.

Good job on getting em at SFD, it's been a while since I fished it because it was just being way too tough for me. But I might just have to give it a try soon!

Was at Peck today and water def. up...1st lake alot of debris on shoreline but back lake was surprisingly clear...stayed only 45 min. and bro had a hook up but lost it..only hit

Great update. I was atat Peck last night also no bites. I'll be back tho. Now all we need is a little warm weather. Like today!

sux to fish a place with low counts that charges wknd parking...

9. Default

Good report from two heavily pressured areas. Keep it up.

Nice to see some bass come out of local lakes,the ones I've hit have resulted in zilch! Thanks

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast