Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World record Trout caught ice fishing in Minnesota

I'm with Etucker, poacher. Not too bright either considering he already was checked and then gets the big fish and pr that goes with it then try's to justify it by saying it would have died anyway, um dude you shouldn't have been fishing still or should have let the 4lbs go earlier. Had he have given the 4lbs away right away my sympathy would be greater but obviously he was on the cull.

Quote Originally Posted by benichi View Post
    m I missing something how is he a greedy poacher??? do you have more to the story then we do???
    You did read the article, didn't you?

If you're still asking those questions above, please feel free to re-read the posted link, where it explains in plain English why the individual, by definition of breaking laws, can be labeled a poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by benichi View Post
    Im an avid hunter....but I do not take pride in putting an animal in pain.
    Now those are words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You did read the article, didn't you?

If you're still asking those questions above, please feel free to re-read the posted link, where it explains in plain English why the individual, by definition of breaking laws, can be labeled a poacher.

Now those are words to live by.
    yeah I had to go to a different link to get the whole story but I get what he did now..

yes those words are part of being a true sportsmen..

I think this thread has probably run it's course. So I would like to give a brief summary of how the comments went down. This thread really was pretty black and white. A guy caught a record fish but was already at his limit. However he decided to keep his fish anyway and got caught. No Big deal!!!!!! A few comments here and there and that should have been the end of thread.

In reality it turned into a us vs them confrontation. Us being Conservatives them being Liberals. The Liberal's interpretation of events went something like this. Conservative no 1. started a thread about a record fish caught. He then threw in the Government has other ideas comment. (You know how those governments are always up to no good!!!!) He then threw in, "if I was the angler I would be P/O." The Liberal then chimes in, "is anyone supporting the acts of a Poacher?????" Then Conservative no 2. speaks up against the Liberal. "Don't believe anything out of that mans mouth because" he then goes off on a thread jack on another subject that put the Liberal in a poor light. Along comes Conservative no. 3 who is now reacting to the thread jack. As he is going back and forth with the Liberal on Hunting ethics. A voice of reason then asks Conservative no. 3 "if he even read the article????" Conservative no. 3 admits he had not. Once he did, he then gave some answer that only he understands. Thus ending the thread about the angler who kept a record fish when he was already at his limit. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-05-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Are you guy's kidding me!!!!! He is nothing more then a GREEDY POACHER!!!!!! If anyone tries to defend this guy shame on you!!!!!
    So you have never caught a limit and kept fishing? When you go fish the pay and slay lakes you catch your 5 and leave? Not saying that its the "right" thing to do but everyone of us is guilty of it myself included. In fact Im Pro at getting my limit and still fishing. Ok so let me have it im waiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by vegas fish slayer View Post
    So you have never caught a limit and kept fishing? When you go fish the pay and slay lakes you catch your 5 and leave? Not saying that its the "right" thing to do but everyone of us is guilty of it myself included. In fact Im Pro at getting my limit and still fishing. Ok so let me have it im waiting.....
    I'll take it Etucker.

Yup you are a poacher, not just a poacher a proud poacher! But there is a difference between pay to fish lakes and catching a more than likely wild lake trout that has a very strict limit for a reason then trying to claim a record. To compare pay to fish fishing to catching a wild 50lbs lake trout is ignorant and is one of my major concerns about some that take their pay to fish lake habits up to the Sierra's or other areas.

So be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'll take it Etucker.

Yup you are a poacher, not just a poacher a proud poacher! But there is a difference between pay to fish lakes and catching a more than likely wild lake trout that has a very strict limit for a reason then trying to claim a record. To compare pay to fish fishing to catching a wild 50lbs lake trout is ignorant and is one of my major concerns about some that take their pay to fish lake habits up to the Sierra's or other areas.

So be proud.
    I have caught more lake trout, salmon, and wallys out of Lake Ontario in my life than you can imagine. Sierras.....LOL cmon who keeps fish up there? Who eats trout period?? Not me. Ignorant??? you can come check my freezer there isnt any trout in there and have caught a metric ton of them this season. Come to Utah where we fish all day and have 50 days all the time without a single fatality. I know "proud poacher" what a joke. You should get out of cali to fish where its REAL fishing not this Pay $30 to dodge 3oz sinkers and 50lb line all day. None of you know me none of you know what im about i just thought it was funny that every person on here goes to the pay lakes to fish and try and act like you follow the rules to a T. Truthfully i dont care what any of you think its not gonna make me lose any sleep. We will still travel all over the Country and catch fish that most dream about. Sorry if that sounds harsh but caught me at the right moment

I have caught more lake trout, salmon, and wallys out of Lake Ontario in my life than you can imagine. Sierras.....LOL cmon who keeps fish up there? Who eats trout period?? Not me. Ignorant??? you can come check my freezer there isnt any trout in there and have caught a metric ton of them this season. Come to Utah where we fish all day and have 50 days all the time without a single fatality. I know "proud poacher" what a joke. You should get out of cali to fish where its REAL fishing not this Pay $30 to dodge 3oz sinkers and 50lb line all day. None of you know me none of you know what im about i just thought it was funny that every person on here goes to the pay lakes to fish and try and act like you follow the rules to a T. Truthfully i dont care what any of you think its not gonna make me lose any sleep. We will still travel all over the Country and catch fish that most dream about. Sorry if that sounds harsh but caught me at the right moment
    Vegas I fish out of Cali. all the time, have me an out of state license for Nevada your home. But you come on here and make the statement "In fact Im Pro at getting my limit and still fishing" and then you claim on your next response to be an ethical fisherman? Ok I get it now you are one of those that completely ignores the rules at pay to fish lakes and justify's it. Sorry bud I can't relate I don't fish at those lakes but I know you do you've posted many times and seem to be well known out there. Hope the management at those lakes takes notice of your pride in cheating.

Your comparisons still suck. If you have all this experience you should realize that a fishery has limits for a reason and if this guy was a catch and release fisherman he would have released that first fish and then I would completely understand the desire to keep a record fish, no problem there, but the dude got checked earlier in the day then still tried to claim the record, not much intelligence there I think but you go ahead and try to defend him.

So you have never caught a limit and kept fishing?...
    Um, no, I have not.

But thanks for letting us know the ethics you have towards rules.

I'm trying to respond to this on my phone auto spell ruined it when I get home ill correct my post to read right. The point I tried to make about the 5 limit was supposed to have excluding the pay lakes line in there. Was talking about real fishing

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast