Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anyone Fished Havasu Lately?

Default Anyone Fished Havasu Lately?

I am going down to Havasu next week for 3 or 4 days and am wondering if the Bass are on the beds yet. Anyone fished it lately?
    Thanks for any info you might be able to add.

It's been a week since I posted this inquiry and no replys. Looks like I have have the whole lake to myself!!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 03-06-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Since no one replied to my original post before I left for Havasu, I thought I would share the results of our club tournament. Like Hawk said in his post the wind blew Friday and Saturday and the lake had 3 - 4 foot rollers in it in the afternoon so it made fishing the lake a real pain. My partner and I started Sat. am off up river in the back waters across from the Sand Bar. I picked up two shorts right of on a Natural Shad Senko then one keeper. My partner picked up one keeper and then we bailed out of the back water area. Since my partner had never fished Havasu or the River before I decided to run up River to see if we could find some bed fish in the coves. The warmest water temp in the River was 58 - 59 degrees in the coves, so the spawn is still a week or two away. We decided to make the run up to Topock Slew and that was a waste of time. We didn't even go into the slew, as the water was chocolate brown, with no visibility. We turned around and made the long run bad down to the lake and it was even worst than earlier in the morning with winds kicking it at about 25 - 30 mph and big rollers. We tried fishing the Windsor area; but could hardly stay on the pedestal seat; so I slide down into the channel under the London Bridge. We didn't see any beds due to choppy water; but I am sure they were there. Other guys in our club picked up smallies in the channel; but mostly at the entrance to the channel, rather than under the bridge.

Sunday the wind didn't blow; but I could put a fish in the boat, if my life depending on it. Just one of those days I guess. My partner had one LMB for the day.

As it turned out we should have run down Lake on Saturday and fished the coves on the AZ side. According to the other members in my club, the fish were on the beds in the Lake; but mostly on the AZ side rather than the CA side. There were multiple limits taken in the Lake.

We are the Tournament Results:

9 Boats, 18 Anglers

Saturday Totals: Total Fish: 52, 2 dead fish. Total Weight: 121.38 lbs, 1st Place: 19.8 lbs, 2nd Place: 15.3 lbs, 3rd Place 14.3 lbs.
    Sunday Totals: Total Fish 58, 3 dead fish. Total Weight: 141.88 lbs, 1st Place 17.14 lbs, 2nd Place: 17.0 lbs. 3rd Place: 16.13 lbs.

Tournament Winning Weights: 1st Place: 36.8 lbs, 2nd Place: 30.4 lbs, 3rd Place 29.3 lbs.

Anyone interested in coming and check out a bass club in the Inland Empire Area are invited to added our meetings. We meet on the first Thursday of the month at Brandon's Diner located on Sunnymeade Blvd. in Moreno Valley. We fish the second Saturday of the month at one of the Southern CA lakes with a two day Tournament in the spring and a second one in the Fall of the year. At each meeting the non-boaters draw to see who they will be fishing with at the next Tournament. That way we don't get the "sticks" teaming up on the rest of the club members. At the Two Day Tournaments you can choose your partner, cause you are normally camping / cooking / eating together. We are a small friendly club with 25-30 active members and always welcome new members.

Costs are as follows: Monthly dues: $10, Tournament Fee: $10, Big Fish Pot: $5. Team Pot: $5, Big Fish & Team Pots are $10 on the two day tournaments. It does not cost a lot and it is great way to get out there and fish some lakes that you might not have fished on your own. Both Boaters and Non-Boaters are welcome.

Last edited by BassinPLS; 03-12-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Pm sent.....