Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knott's Berry Farm.

Default Knott's Berry Farm.

Anyone remember the old volcano that was next to the Chicken Restaurant years back, it was like a 100 ft tall to me when I was a kid in the 50's.Attachment 43543Attachment 43544 It had a little devil guy in the box that made it erupt if you pushed the button
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 02-27-2014 at 09:28 PM.

I am too young to remember that but if I do say so myself the dinosaur ride will always hold a fond place in my heart. I think I just cried a little....

TS

If you remember there was no admission fee also. Times have changed haven't they.

I too have a lot of very fond memories of the place!!!!! I think I can still hear the speech the Engineer gave on the Calico Mine Ride. "Well Howdy Folks!!!!!" "This here is ole Pole Cat Mahoney," and I am going to take you down inside the Calico Gold Mine. I'd like to warn you about "NO SMOKING" we got a lot of dangerous gas and quite a bit of dynamite down in there and we sure don't want any unnecessary explosions. "ALL ABOARD!!!!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-28-2014 at 01:00 PM.

I bet that frenchy aka etrucker spent a lot of time at the shooting arcade honing his .22 cal skills so someday he could shoot that Cougar. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I bet that frenchy aka etrucker spent a lot of time at the shooting arcade honing his .22 cal skills so someday he could shoot that Cougar. lol
    Yes this is true, but it also helped me kill the other 50 Big game animals that I bagged in my life. Which only two other ones were ever killed with a .22. Yea I know which two?????? 2 Bobcats. Correction, I also killed my 3 alligators with a .22.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-28-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Your still shootin' "BLANKS" in my book Frenchy!!!!!

There was a lake across the road that was full of Bass and Bluegill. There was a time that you could fish it legally. Not sure if it is even sill there.

There was an old timmer there, who once told me when the pan for gold sand got to a low level, they would just dump it in a spot across the street. He then said, "I would scoop some of it up and take it home and pan it." Mind you this was years ago and just a rumor!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-28-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Good times were had at Disney Land too.Attachment 43545Attachment 43546

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast