Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris yesterday

Default Perris yesterday

Got to the lake a little late at 8:30 , fished sail cove area the water was 59 . Fished there for about an hour an a half , caught a chunky 14 1/2 " bass on the drop shot . We decided to make a move , threw a jerk bait near the reeds and caught a fat 13"er . We moved to the east end , first cast another jerk bait fish and second cast one more . Threw the jerk bait for awhile nothing more , switched to a brush hog and fish on a fat 15"er . The water was 62 , I moved up against the reeds with a whackie rig and caught a 13"er . I caught 2 more on the brush hog , the last one was a 17" fish . Never got a bite in that area on the drop shot , but all the fish were fat chunky fish . It was great to get out and catch some fat fish , can't wait till this rain stops .

Its Just Great to get out and Go fishing , good job on landing a few . The Rain can bring some great fishing and it is very much needed to help fill up our local waters .
    Last edited by Misfitdog; 02-27-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Good job out there...

Pete

Thanks guys , I might have gone somewhere else but Pete said to go . Your the MAN Pete ! I have been fishing there for many years , back when you could catch spotted bass there . I hope they finish working on the dam soon , a lot of my hot spots are out of water . Thanks again guys , And greats posts Pete keepem coming . I heard about stripers in there now any truth to that ? If so first LMB then crappie and now stripers .

They are beginning to draw the water down at Perris.. Its gonna take about 2 1/2 month but they are bring it down 7-8ft.. Have no fear though the fishing will still be GREAT!!! Don't listen to the guys that say that the lake wont fish good with lower water. It fishes just fine just slightly different.. Perris is a Great fishery regardless of the water level..
    Yes there are some stripers in there but they are only caught now and then, mostly in the summer..but they are there.

Pete

wildlife thanks for the post, makes me want to go to the lake , I will first chance, busy right now with the things you have to do.
    Misfitdog, may see you out there sometime soon, Pete if you see my Float Tube with the American Flag throw Milkey Way Bars at me, lots of them, I have to eat them before I go home

Ted

"Pete if you see my Float Tube with the American Flag throw Milkey Way Bars at me, lots of them, I have to eat them before I go home "..... I have no idea what you mean by that... Im lost..

Pete

Great report. Speaking of the draw down. Will the little lake in the east end become fishable again?

Quote Originally Posted by fishntime38 View Post
    Great report. Speaking of the draw down. Will the little lake in the east end become fishable again?
    Once they draw it down 3 feet then you can hike there but you will not be ableto ge a boat in there .. .. im sure some fish will be trapped.