Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Skinner 2/25

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Hawgz, I was at Skinner on Tuesday as well. I had a friend of mine with me in my 18' gold Skeeter. We fished from about 10:00 to 3:30 with the same results you had up until you figured it out. We never did. I caught one west of the inlet on a drop shot that went about 3 lbs. It was good to get the skunk smell off of the boat.
    I'm sure glad they didn't wait another couple of weeks to lower the water. It would have killed this years spawn.
    I saw you guys out there. We should have went back there earlier when the westwind first started. If we could have stayed another hour, we probably could have boated at least another 20 fish, it was that good. You're right, waiting any longer would definitely had a disastrous effect on the early spawners...

Thanks Kojak5150, hope it helps you out...

Great write up Hawgs. Way to work it out.

How about some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Great write up Hawgs. Way to work it out.

How about some pictures?
    Thanks Ron. I forgot my phone Tuesday, left it on the charger on the kitchen counter. Sorry no pics from today...

HawgZ , thanks for a great informative report ! Did you happen to notice if anyone boated some Striper ? Any boils or bird activity ? I know they were not
    your target.
    I did catch your bait balls and big-uns in 25 to 35 ft , just thought I would ask . Me and my boy will be on the lake prolly Sunday so I am gathering Intel .
    Thanks and great job finding the pattern and passing it on !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12