Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mojave Narrows !

Default Mojave Narrows !

My grand daughter is having her birthday party at the narrows this Sunday and we will be horse back riding and fishing. Any one been fishing there lately ? Just wonder how the bite is on trout these days.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    My grand daughter is having her birthday party at the narrows this Sunday and we will be horse back riding and fishing. Any one been fishing there lately ? Just wonder how the bite is on trout these days.
    Last time I fished there was in December but it was steady fishing all day long. Mainly little 1 lbers but did manage a few bigger ones. The problem with that lake now is both lakes are open and they stock each lake 2 times then they switch. I think they should just split the stockings. But anyways Last time I was there the fishing in Pelican was pretty good on mini jigs and Drop shot. Power bait guys were also picking away at them to. I think they stock horseshoe this week though.

The hatchery is 2 blocks away.
    They also own the property and lease it to county (good relationship).
    They throw everything 'extra' & When they cull the Hatchery runs, in those 2 lakes, Sometimes its off the hook (mostly small stuff)..
    Also just repaired the dam at Horseshoe and restocked the whole lake with several varieties of fish.
    I live a couple miles away, but havnt been there in some time....

Slow on Sunday in the afternoon. I didn't see any fish being caught.

Thanks for the info guys.

Haven't been in a few weeks, but when we did, it was pretty dead. We fished Horseshoe. We caught a cat on garlic pb...saw a guy catch 2 off of a jig in the corner opposite of the dam. Spend a few extra bucks and go to Jess...if all else fails, you can put the girl on the "pond" and let her get a few!? Have fun with the girl! Mine is 3 months...already gettin her started! Can't wait!

Thanks we might not fish there she just wants to ride a horse.

Never hurts to have a rod with a small gold cast master on it try pelican on the concrete dam side. If they are there you will have a blast have fun should be a nice day up here.

Just got back from the party and had a great time, the weather was perfect. We filled the day with horseback riding and some fishing but no luck with the fishing part. Just a few people fishing with no luck also. My granddaughter had a memorial 8th birthday and that's what counts.

Good job Grandpa! That is all that counts when it comes to the Kids glad all had a Great time....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast