Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Killin it at the MID,,,Best lake in the west!,,BAKO BOYsssssss

Way to go on killin the line sides. I was talkin with Ron last week and mentioned it's time to fish the mid.

How is the water level?

Capt'n

Lake was full,,,,,,,,,,,no flow at the power plant,,,,,wat temp 51 to 53,,,,,,,,,slightly dingy in the channel,,,,GIN CLEAR mid lake,,,,,,,,,,at one point cutbait was able to see the bottom at just under 30 feet deep with his polor glasses,

JUST FOR THE SMALLMOUTH GUYS,,,,,,,,,,,Cutbait thought he seen a few smallmouth beds out by the island .

TRAIL BLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Lake was full,,,,,,,,,,,no flow at the power plant,,,,,wat temp 51 to 53,,,,,,,,,slightly dingy in the channel,,,,GIN CLEAR mid lake,,,,,,,,,,at one point cutbait was able to see the bottom at just under 30 feet deep with his polor glasses,

JUST FOR THE SMALLMOUTH GUYS,,,,,,,,,,,Cutbait thought he seen a few smallmouth beds out by the island .

TRAIL BLAZER
    Good point TB!

I asked TB for a favor and at some point look for a few smallie bed fish. He obliged. We tried several points and coves. Water was clear main lake. I did not see any evidence of bed fish or anything shallow. Except to fanned beds on east side of Island as TB describes. No fish on em as we probably spooked em.

Not yet Boys

Thanks for the report. I've been wondering about the Mid.

Was anybody trying out the bait bite up there?
    Last edited by fishinone; 02-19-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Thanks for the report. I've been wondering about the Mid.

Was anybody trying out the bait bite up there?
    Not that we saw.

I'm still amazed at how clear the water was need to go deep

There was the 1 boat that we thought might be bassfan ,,,,they were baiting up in yellowbar and said they had 1 and had just started,,,,,,,it wasn't bassfan but had a almost identical boat and motor,

Thought maby I seen BOB doing some baiting,,,he should know

Great Report! I haven't been out to the mid and castaic in a while... hopefully will get out there soon!

Wide open bait bite at the pirates cove ,good trolling as long there's not other trollers in the area,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Besides the bako boys,and Bob ,I only seen one other boat trolling ,,,a bayliner ,,,they were flatlining x raps and killing the dinks also

i dont flatline the x-raps ,and the biggest fish from last thurs were off the dr 47ft down ,the flatlined troll fish were big also ,the dinks were off bait except last sat we got big ones off bait..........ya there was some guys claiming to own the lake.........funny tho i didnt see them there in the late seventys throwing a/c plugs and slaying pigs from the shore with me and the others at the beginning of the big striper fishing there,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast