Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: laguna niguel 2/16

Default laguna niguel 2/16

@6:30 my grandpa,aunt,and little cousin come and pick me up from my house and we head to the lake
    get there at around 7 since there wasn't any traffic, get a boat and head to the flats and switch spots back and forth from the flats to in front of the boat docks through out the day
    Caught our limit , but took us the whole day
    19 fish 2-4 pounds each. on inflated nightcrawlers..... thats all they wanted today, that and the fly fisherman were getting them too.. A LOT of the fish had little insects in their mouths when they were caught, must have been feeding heavily on them.
    1 fish was caught on a mice tail.
    bite was on and off through out the day

All day fishing to catch your limit? Sounds like a great way to spend the whole day,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    All day fishing to catch your limit? Sounds like a great way to spend the whole day,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic
    haha yeah it was a good day, besides the sun burn.
    - esteban t

If it was anything like today then you did pretty good, I got 7 on the troll by 1130 and I was the only one on the lake with a limit

@bighuff
    it was slow for the people that werent switching spots and out looking for the fish. we had too move around constantly in different spots around the flats..

Yah even the people doing that had slow days, I found mine in one area and pounded them for a little over an hour. These fish seem to like moving baits like jigs and crankbaits better than bait and wait especially once the sun comes out

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Yah even the people doing that had slow days, I found mine in one area and pounded them for a little over an hour. These fish seem to like moving baits like jigs and crankbaits better than bait and wait especially once the sun comes out
    I tried to use the jigs and troll but no luck. they only wanted nightcrawlers for some reason, thats all most people i talked to had luck with that day.

Damn I've only been able to troll really good these last two weeks cause I've been seeing alot more fish hanging towards the surface