Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddies who back out at last minute

Default Buddies who back out at last minute

I have several of these, no more needed. I need a buddy or two that will follow through with the plan.
    I have a 20' SeaRay I/O that is stripped for fishing. Nothing fancy but it is set to fish fresh or salt water for 3 people. I am installing a bait tank this week for live bait from the barges.
    Looking to fish local until the island becomes a hot spot.
    I am retired so fishing during the week is as good as the W/E...

Yeah I know about those BUDDIES!!!!! I just recently had one that after getting boat and all the gear together ( took me 3-4 days to re-establish boat for saltwater since its usually fresh water ready) and buying license. Well at the last minute like 2 hours before getting to launch I get a call from individual and trip gets cancelled. I'm like a kid before Christmas the night of the trip so what a let down that was. I would love to hook up but in a real cash crunch situation since work is slow so I can't commit to anything costly till monies get better. What area do you live in? I'm in Torrance South bay.

Scott

Hey Scott
    I am out near Palm Springs so will be coming from the east on I-10.
    By neighbor has been helping me with some work around the house, so I was picking up all the costs as a thank you... Can anyone beat that? He backed out of a free fishing day and left me hanging.

Default NOT buddies at all

Quote Originally Posted by Raimond42 View Post
    Hey Scott
    I am out near Palm Springs so will be coming from the east on I-10.
    By neighbor has been helping me with some work around the house, so I was picking up all the costs as a thank you... Can anyone beat that? He backed out of a free fishing day and left me hanging.

Sorry about your buddies, if I had a friend offering a fishing boat trip during the week I would certainly take the offer up. Anyways good luck finding some mates.

Headed out tomorrow(Tuesday) with a different neighbor and benichi for some ocean action off Newport...

You ever have an empty seat on the weekend hit me up , I go out every weekend
    Usually alone , no flakers here,

Cool have a nice and safe trip guys. I'll defiantly want to hook sometime. I still need to get my first White Seabass. Just missed that epic toad bite last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raimond42 View Post
    Headed out tomorrow(Tuesday) with a different neighbor and benichi for some ocean action off Newport...

How you doing Raymond.
    First off, welcome to the site..
    Sorry to hear about the "Buddies".
    It's funny, before I had my boat, which I no longer have, my "Budddies" would say, "I wish we had a boat to go out on".
    Well you guessed it, I bought the boat and only one person who would go out with me, maybe every other month.
    So, I would go out a lot of times by myself...
    I now have a friend, here from the site and he calls me every once in a while.
    I also Boat Ho on Bloody Decks. You meet some nice guys, but I have also heard a couple of horror stories....
    If you would like to get out during the week (Less Boaters ) Shoot me a PM, a few days in advance, I have my own business and can switch things up, when not too swamped.
    There are people from the site that can vouch for me...
    Have a good one,
    Robert
    <><

Thanks everyone.
    I am planning Friday out of the Long Beach area. I have one seat open right now, benichi has the first seat.

Contact me if interested in joining in. I tend to plan for the entire day as the drive from Palm Springs is not short...

Update on Thursday AM. Thinking of hitting SD Shelter Island area instead of LB on Friday for some flatties. Anyone want to take the third seat?
    Last edited by Raimond42; 02-20-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Hi Raimond,
    I, as one of a limitless number of FNNrs, will vouch for Robert. Just don't tell him I said so… ha
    And at the same time, you can give me a shout if Murietta can't make it.. but especially if he can!
    I have only free time to switch up.. HA.. Also, Raimond, don't expect anyone to vouch for me as they are so jealous of my fishing prowess.. biggest HA yet..
    Cheers,
    Sid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast