Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old 35 mm slides !

Default Old 35 mm slides !

Found hundreds of old family photos in my deceased fathers garage, they are all on slides and I have viewed them on a small hand held viewer. These photos are old and precious and would like to have them put on CD disk if possible. Anyone know of a place that can do that. I live in Riverside, if you can help with this it will be appreciated..Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Thanks for the reply Nessie Hunter that looks good to me. I have to many but will pick out the best of the bunch and have them done.

Hey Old Pudd, I can't wait to see some of those.

I am from Riverside as well. Well Moreno Valley to be truthful. Would love to see some old pic's of Fairmont Park and the Steam engine that used to sit out front. If you find anything like that post it up ok.

Good luck

WWO

WWO I too remember Fairmont Park when the boat house had the penny arcade inside and the electric powered boats to take your sweetie out on the water in. Also the roller coaster, carousel and amusement ride across the street and the Peacocks everywhere in the park. Good times and the fishing was good too.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    WWO I too remember Fairmont Park when the boat house had the penny arcade inside and the electric powered boats to take your sweetie out on the water in. Also the roller coaster, carousel and amusement ride across the street and the Peacocks everywhere in the park. Good times and the fishing was good too.
    Right on DEVOREFLYER.

The boats were my favorite. Head out of the boat house and straight to the Island.
    Catfishing with my Dad and Granddad every Saturday in the summers. Good times. I guess the Tank is still there?
    What a great place.

Here's the reels we used. Still work.

WWO

WWO The tank and steam engine still is at Fairmont Park.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    WWO The tank and steam engine still is at Fairmont Park.
    I know somewhere I am sure our family has photos of the Tank up on the concrete Block. I once saw the lake empty and was surprised how shallow it is. As a kid you never knew and if asked back then I would of course said a 100 feet.

You guys still fish it now and then? What about after dark?

WWO

Yep I fish it now and then on a nice day and walk around the old lake for some exercise, don't go there after dark cus strange characters live in the river bottom next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Yep I fish it now and then on a nice day and walk around the old lake for some exercise, don't go there after dark cus strange characters live in the river bottom next to it.
    I am sure you remember back in the day as a kid it was no issue at night.
    We would back pack the old Railroad tracks that lead to Riverside from Moreno Valley and camp somewhere down near the lake when I was in the Scouts.
    WWO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast