Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Default Politics

A little ditty for those that don't get involved in POLITICS, it's ALL ABOUT POLITICS and SPECIAL INTRESTS!!!

The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) says California Fish and Game Commission President Mike Sutton "shouldn't be involved in implementing the state's new ban on lead ammunition" because he holds a paid position with the National Audobon Society, which sponsored the ban.

Sutton is the National Audubon Society's vice president for the Pacific Flyway; however, "Audubon co-sponsored [the lead ammo ban]" which Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed into law in October.

According to The Bay Area News Group, NSSF claims "Sutton has received and still receives income from Audubon."

Their complaint explains: "His employer [Audubon] lobbies the Commission on governmental decisions which he makes and/or participates in, contrary to the letter and spirit of California laws proscribing incompatible activities."
    After Brown signed the lead ammo ban into law in October, Sutton took part in the Commission's December "discussion" on the "[development] of regulations to implement this new law."

In 2009, The San Diego Tribune reported Sutton was also accused of a conflict of interest for his role in the commission's "decision-making process on the Marine Life Protection Act" (MLPA). He worked for the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Center for the Future of the Oceans, which was funded by the same group that provided a "large" portion of funding in the push for the MLPA.
    NSSF "is pressing CA Attorney General Kamala Harris to act on its complaint."

"A little ditty for those that don't get involved in POLITICS, it's ALL ABOUT POLITICS and SPECIAL INTRESTS!!!"

Indeed Dev, tyrants and totalitarians rely on the sheep to keep their heads buried in the sand...

"Better sites have been ruined because of political junkies"

"Go fish"

"This needs to be moved"

"Positive fishing experience only on this site"

"Keep the politics out of fishing"

What have I missed?

Oh yeah...

" this thread needs to die"

"Stop with 50000 views already, your making me open the thread and read, then comment on how I shouldn't be reading or commenting"

Waiting for the Sheeple and Hand Wringers.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Oh yeah...

" this thread needs to die"

"Stop with 50000 views already, your making me open the thread and read, then comment on how I shouldn't be reading or commenting"
    I like the one where a poster started a new thread in the DVL section that proclaims " I don't like politics so here is a fishing report", yet it doesn't have any pics, no info on baits used, no water temps, no surface conditions, and says it's a "slow/normal winter", and after being a member for years, it's "its" first fish report...

*Edit*
    Ok, he did say the colors...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 02-12-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    "Better sites have been ruined because of political junkies"

"Go fish"

"This needs to be moved"

"Positive fishing experience only on this site"

"Keep the politics out of fishing"

What have I missed?
    What have I missed you ask???????????????? The same thing the Republicans are doing in Washington!!!!!!!!!!!! The failure to see that a COMPROMISE is always the best course of action. I feel in the general discussion area, TOPICS like this are NEEDED and IMPORTANT!!!!!! However in FISHING THREADS, you could leave the polictical rhetoric out of them. Just sayin!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-12-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    What have I missed you ask???????????????? The same thing the Republicans are doing in Washington!!!!!!!!!!!! The failure to see that a COMPROMISE is always the best course of action. I feel in the general discussion area, TOPICS like this are NEEDED and IMPORTANT!!!!!! However in FISHING THREADS, you could leave the polictical rhetoric out of them. Just sayin!!!!!
    That didn't take long did it?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    And pelosi, Reid and Obama are known for their comprises?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    That didn't take long did it?

I just think I walked in to a trap!!!!!!!! The sheep picture is pretty funny!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast