Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bluegill fishing near Thousand Oaks?

Default Bluegill fishing near Thousand Oaks?

I just moved to Thousand Oaks this week and want to take my wife fishing for the first time. I started off fishing for bluegill when I was young so I figure this would be a good way for her to learn the mechanics of casting, setting the hook, etc. before doing something more involved.

A little googling brought up Rancho Simi Park Lake but I can't find much info on it. Can anyone familiar with the area give me some direction on where to catch some bluegill or anyplace else that is good to take a first timer?

Fished at Rancho Simi Park Lake but it seemed pretty barren. Did manage a small baby bass but there were not many signs of fish life and the place had tons of ducks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Bluegill??

Get up to casitas, fish the later afternoon until sunset.
    Catch a few bass.

was there yesterday, say at least 5 bas and 1 bluegill caught from shore, fish near boat docks.

Have fun

Go to century lake on malibu nice walk up there and there is a lot of bluegill......

Quote Originally Posted by EfrenM View Post
    Go to century lake on malibu nice walk up there and there is a lot of bluegill......
    Thanks, the place looks great and looks like it's fairly close. Where is the best place to park and walk in?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbito View Post
    Bluegill??

Get up to casitas, fish the later afternoon until sunset.
    Catch a few bass.

was there yesterday, say at least 5 bas and 1 bluegill caught from shore, fish near boat docks.

Have fun
    Thanks, I actually didn't realize that Casitas was under an hour from TO. I've fished there several years ago but can't really remember it. I'll definitely head out there at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    Fished at Rancho Simi Park Lake but it seemed pretty barren. Did manage a small baby bass but there were not many signs of fish life and the place had tons of ducks.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Rancho Simi is sure has tons of ducks. They also have tons of small pan fish as well. I was trying for carp last year while my son gave the ol' 11' pole a try and was pulling them in as fast as he could get them off the barbless hook. We were fishing with maggots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Rancho Simi is sure has tons of ducks. They also have tons of small pan fish as well. I was trying for carp last year while my son gave the ol' 11' pole a try and was pulling them in as fast as he could get them off the barbless hook. We were fishing with maggots.
    Interesting, I actually didn't see anything while I was there and the water was fairly clear so thought the place was a bust for panfish.

Check your PM. I sent you some of my old spots.