Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bolsa Chica Bonfire ....

Default Bolsa Chica Bonfire ....

Fam bam wanted to have a bonfire, so I was like YES!!!!! finally I get to get my line wet ....

Got there about 3:00 p.m and the tide was just coming in, I was like perfect timing, but then Mr. Wind came and spoiled it .... It got super windy and there must of been a wicked undercurrent because everytime I threw out, my line jumped to the right by like 5-6 feet. Water was really choppy, waves were blown out, white tops all over .... and the damn sand was killing my feet, damn pebbles ....

Usual setup, 10# p-line flouro,1 oz egg, florescent bead,2' 8# vanish leader, 4 mosquito hook.

Plastics used: Berkley gulp camo sandworm, gulp lug worm (red, Katins green/white grub, not even a bite

So it was great getting the line wet, it's been almost 3 weeks .... but I got the big fat :skunk: oh well ..... till next time

Sorry to hear about the stripe but at least you got to get your line wet again.

Been two weeks for me also. Gonna have to go somewhere this weekend.

X

:lol: You didn't get enough at the Rumble, eh? Sorry you got the skunk. You should have tried the jetty there. Hope you at least had a nice fire. Better luck next time.

I wanted to go by the jetty but the fam bam didn't, we were right by the shack, it got pretty windy down there so we left in a hurry.

This weekend looks pretty good, I'm going to try Cherry Beach out, maybe go for some butts.