Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Yakers on Here?

I fish off a Wilderness Tarpon T160 or Hobie Revo 13 in the IE - mostly Perris & Silverwood.

I think there are plenty of us around, im in Wrightwood and i will go where the fish are! Just added a Jackson Cuda 14' to the fleet. Always looking to fish with fellow Yak Crazy Anglers!

Work in Westlake Village -

The gal just got me a Cuda 12' that I have yet to take out...planning on something this weekend if I am feeling better. I will PM you contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by 918YAK View Post
    Work in Westlake Village -

The gal just got me a Cuda 12' that I have yet to take out...planning on something this weekend if I am feeling better. I will PM you contact info.
    Let me know how you like the cuda 12. I was looking at that yak.

I can't compare the Cuda to other Yak's as it is my first fishing kayak. I have been in other Yak's and i can tell you this is a very stable, quick, and "roomy" kayak. It tracks very straight even through wind. It is much lighter than many kayaks out there at this length. The seat is amazingly comfortable and after 3 hours I didn't have a sore ***. The center hatch is great for storage...had all my snacks right in there.

The wifey and I just picked up a 14' Hobie Mirage tandem. It's pretty bare right now. Definitely needs some rod holders and eventually would like to get a fish finder for it. Plan to fish mostly salt, but I would love to catch some stripers from the yak. Might take it out for a test run this weekend.

where are you headed out to? I am planning to head out Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    The wifey and I just picked up a 14' Hobie Mirage tandem. It's pretty bare right now. Definitely needs some rod holders and eventually would like to get a fish finder for it. Plan to fish mostly salt, but I would love to catch some stripers from the yak. Might take it out for a test run this weekend.
    What?! I'm going to pick up one this year too.. Hopefully sooner than later. Not a tandem though .

Quote Originally Posted by 918YAK View Post
    where are you headed out to? I am planning to head out Saturday morning.
    Not sure yet. Probably one of the nearby harbors. NPH, HH, LAB

Quote Originally Posted by ptn View Post
    What?! I'm going to pick up one this year too.. Hopefully sooner than later. Not a tandem though .
    Sweeeet! Let me know when you get one. A tandem easily converts into a solo

Hoping to get out soon... this wind has been a real downer lately. Every time I get my gear ready the night before I wake up and it's blowing 10-15mph. Can't paddle in that... kind of like pissin' in the wind. Summer can't get here soon enough!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast