Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Yakers on Here?

I have a hobie outback, located in north orange county. I have only yak fished at NPH, HH, and Los Alamitos Bay. Still learning!

Hey everyone, a couple months late I see from what the date on these post are saying. BUT I just purchased a Hobie Mirage Outback about 1 week ago, and I'm going to take it out to my local lakes first, then the harbor, then I want to hit up the kelp beds. I usually fish lakes, harbors, jetties, beaches all on foot, flippen jigs, LC's, swimbaits, plastics etc. - I fish anywhere in between Newport to Redondo, but I definitely want to hit up dana soon. Having a Kayak is going to be a really dope experience. Cant wait ... I live in Mira Loma, but i'm always driving places to fish, so hmu lets get out their on the yaks!

just got myself a yak a few weeks ago! took it to mammoth this past week.. itchin to get some bass or take to the harbors!

what kind of kayak is that ^^^

its from bass pro shops its called a ascend fs12t its a awesome yak! easily can stand and sit on it.. very stable and lots of space!!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikAllen17 View Post
    I'm noticing that this "Tubers and Yakers" section seems to be very skewed towards tubers... are there any yakers out there? I picked up a Malibu S14 this past Xmas and can't wait to get out on the water when the fishing picks up in Spring. I'm in Ventura County (Thousand Oaks) and if anyone from Santa Barbara to Marina Del Rey wants to go kayak fishing (or surf fishing for that matter); whether it be bays, breakwalls, or kelp beds... please give me a shout!

Hey Erik,

Never too late...? I hope. Looking at this thread you might be the closest to me, geographically. I live in the Valley. Malibu kayaks pro explorer. I'm much more experienced with freshwater. I noticed you're on the lagoon in that picture you posted.
    Looking to get into some harbors and fish the salt. The castaic lagoon is a total nightmare and more expensive to launch on than any harbor out there.

To anyone who would want to kayak fish with a partner, I would be down for a trip to MDR or king harbor in Redondo. You guys can message me anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Basspass View Post
    Hey Erik,

Never too late...? I hope.
    I believe you're a bit too late. Read the guy's post history. He had an absolutely hair-raising encounter with a great white, swore off kayak fishing literally that same day, and sold his yak immediately afterwards. Probably hasn't gone within 20 miles of the ocean since...

I just picked up a wilderness system thresher 140 and took it up to Big Bear over Thanksgiving week. I hail from Orange County and I am freshwater only but want to get into salt water fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    I believe you're a bit too late. Read the guy's post history. He had an absolutely hair-raising encounter with a great white, swore off kayak fishing literally that same day, and sold his yak immediately afterwards. Probably hasn't gone within 20 miles of the ocean since...
    Is that the one where the guy wasn't gonna go, but decided last minute to join his buddies somewhere around big sur? I think I remember reading a post like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Basspass View Post
    Hey Erik,

Never too late...? I hope. Looking at this thread you might be the closest to me, geographically. I live in the Valley. Malibu kayaks pro explorer. I'm much more experienced with freshwater. I noticed you're on the lagoon in that picture you posted.
    Looking to get into some harbors and fish the salt. The castaic lagoon is a total nightmare and more expensive to launch on than any harbor out there.

To anyone who would want to kayak fish with a partner, I would be down for a trip to MDR or king harbor in Redondo. You guys can message me anytime.
    I live in Thousand Oaks and just picked up a Malibu Stealth 12. I'm new to kayaks but have float tubed a lot. I would love to start hitting the local harbors or lakes.

If a group of you guys are going out or someone wants a kayak partner, shoot me a PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123