Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: dvl closed for fishing

Well this could get interesting as 0% allocation and 0% carryover for the following:

Coachella Valley WD
    Desert WA
    San Gabriel Valley MWD
    Ventura County WPD

I guess folks in those area's will be usin' the cat box and not the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by bendopolo2004 View Post
    Maybe I am remembering this wrong. It seems like yesterday there was a new reservoir opening that was going to take care of all of SoCals water problems. Holding 7 times as much water as all other lakes in SoCal combined we were not going to have any water problems any more. And they were considering stocking Lake Trout and Walleyes. What a bunch of hooey! Raise those water rates and let the East coast flood year after year. Maybe we should of built a canal or pipe back there for our several billion dollars. The walleye could come out on their own....
    They used the water for hydro-power generation. DVL was originally built for emergency use only, but since the San Onofre nuke plant closed, and all that green energy turned out to be a farce, they were using our water for power generation. I've posted this on a few threads here but no one seems to want to talk about it. Alas but they will this summer when the lights go out because we now do not have enough water to turn the generation turbines AND flush the toilets...

There was talk of missippi water pumped to the Colorado river in Colorado where it would gravity to socal.

Haven't heard about that in a while, nor do I am think it could pass enviro crap.

Though, desperate times gets balls rolling

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    There was talk of missippi water pumped to the Colorado river in Colorado where it would gravity to socal.

Haven't heard about that in a while, nor do I am think it could pass enviro crap.

"F" the eco-commies, they're one of the main culprits, if not the main culprits of why we find ourselves in this predicament in the first place. We should have been expanding our storage capacities and building new power generation plants decades ago...

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

They would rather spend hundred's of billions on the "Bullet Train to Nowhere" than a pipeline or water solution.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    They would rather spend hundred's of billions on the "Bullet Train to Nowhere" than a pipeline or water solution.
    Yeah this one gets me the most. Brown wants to roll with this Oz Land Fairy train imaginariam but not one word on constructing more water holding sheds like DVL or Water pipes to bring in more water from other resources. Before any of that happens we all will be bathing and or cooking in reclaimed recycled toilet water.

Congrats to Cut Bait and his employer. They finally sucked Nor Cal dry making a few farmers rich in the central valley. :) Seriously though, we are screwed, salmon are screwed, steelhead are screwed, but all your yards are still green.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    "F" the eco-commies, they're one of the main culprits, if not the main culprits of why we find ourselves in this predicament in the first place. We should have been expanding our storage capacities and building new power generation plants decades ago...
    I sure hope you're a political advisor. It would be a total disaster if your vast wealth of important and pertinent knowledge was not being utilized. You could save the state and the Union!!

Quote Originally Posted by titos334 View Post
    I sure hope you're a political advisor. It would be a total disaster if your vast wealth of important and pertinent knowledge was not being utilized. You could save the state and the Union!!
    Didn't you hear titos? Hawggy here is running on the Anti-Steelhead ticket. It's not been easy for his campaign manager though - he's still trying to figure out how to explain to voters why Hawggy only cares about infrastructure when it affects his ability to launch his boat. And then there's his apparent animosity towards Mexicans - seems Hawggy went to school to learn how to put up dry wall and is now p*ssed because they can do a better job, ask for less pay, and dont have degree in construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Didn't you hear titos? Hawggy here is running on the Anti-Steelhead ticket. It's not been easy for his campaign manager though - he's still trying to figure out how to explain to voters why Hawggy only cares about infrastructure when it affects his ability to launch his boat. And then there's his apparent animosity towards Mexicans - seems Hawggy went to school to learn how to put up dry wall and is now p*ssed because they can do a better job, ask for less pay, and dont have degree in construction.
    Ah yes indeed, the white lady returns. How was your vacation?

Actually, while I earned my degree in building and construction technology, I worked for a general contractor building custom homes up on the central coast. I became a master carpenter and a multi trades person. Once I returned to So Cal, I went to work for a custom home framing company and got to help build multi million dollar mansions in the Pelican Point and Pelican Hill developments. You know, the ones right up above Crystal Cove State Beach. Of course you know. We also built huge homes in the hills of Dana Point, Capo Beach, San Clemente, Laguna Niguel, Coto de Casa, etc. etc. Then housing slowed and I went into commercial construction and learned that aspect of the trades eventually joining a union and working at the Anaheim convention center and Disneyland steel stud framing and hanging rock. The next job was at Soka University in Aliso Viejo. A year later I quit the union and went to work for a general contractor as a foreman, then a superintendent. Did that for a decade then went back to housing working for the 6th largest Homebuilder in the nation where I had a nice comfy six figure compensation package. I still put my bags on from time to time and do repair work for folks though.

Anti-Steelhead ticket? Where on earth did you come up with that? And I only care about infrastructure so I can launch my boat? What kind of drugs or drink have you been partaking in? I think maybe you've possibly had too much fun & sun while you were away...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 01-31-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast