Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: dvl closed for fishing

I remember back at the lowest levels of DVL you could practically jump from shore to the attenuator (fancy word for floating dock). I know cause I tried it.................missed by that much (fingers a few inches apart)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    In that case....

This is an example of unfair journalism whoever printed this as evidence.

;-)
    The difference is the of author can recognize and accept misleading material

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I remember back at the lowest levels of DVL you could practically jump from shore to the attenuator (fancy word for floating dock). I know cause I tried it.................missed by that much (fingers a few inches apart)
    Lol, ouch. And even at that lower level, a huge portion of the west end is still nearly 200ft deep...

As long as shore and rentals are available in any of the lakes all is good. Just don't see where the need to close any lake for fishing. In the river system's it makes since when it impacts migration and spawning efforts.

It's more the low water levels lead to higher water temps and landing a fish (Trout, Salmon, Steelhead) stresses the fish and the combination significantly lowers the survival rate. The East and West Fork of the Walker River had low water last season and a number of professional guides quit making trips on the Walker for that reason.

Amen---maybe they are trying to model this state after Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    It's more the low water levels lead to higher water temps and landing a fish (Trout, Salmon, Steelhead) stresses the fish and the combination significantly lowers the survival rate. The East and West Fork of the Walker River had low water last season and a number of professional guides quit making trips on the Walker for that reason.
    Yes, in those instances temporary emergency conservation measures should be in place to increase the chance of species survivability, but temporary is the keyword. We all know the left loves to sensationalize and attempt to capitalize on a good crisis. Watch them closely...

Quote Originally Posted by twcthfsh View Post
    Amen---maybe they are trying to model this state after Detroit.
    Maybe? It's more like a given...

For the first time ever, the DWR water allocation for the SWP will be 0% for non agriculture.

http://www.water.ca.gov/news/newsrel...014/013114.pdf

Maybe I am remembering this wrong. It seems like yesterday there was a new reservoir opening that was going to take care of all of SoCals water problems. Holding 7 times as much water as all other lakes in SoCal combined we were not going to have any water problems any more. And they were considering stocking Lake Trout and Walleyes. What a bunch of hooey! Raise those water rates and let the East coast flood year after year. Maybe we should of built a canal or pipe back there for our several billion dollars. The walleye could come out on their own....

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast