Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: dvl closed for fishing

Some of those lakes are in real danger. Probably they are shut down.

Pyramid. No way

If you use Google Earth on Diamond Valley Lake and use the time slider go back to 06/05/2009. You will see the lake at a level that left the boat launch high and dry and a number of islands in the lake. We will likely see that level or worse again. They did it once they can do it again.

I was getting ready to buy my annual DVL year permit. Better hold off until I know whats going on for sure.

Here is San Antonio. You tell me if no fishing would be a good idea?

I guess there is a lot of politics on here.
    If it needs to be closed because of a draught, so be it. Not like its on purpose.
    I bet if they left it open and it impacted the fish in a negative way, all of you nay sayers would have your panties in a bunch and complain as to why they didn't stop fishing/boating.
    I can't remember if they still allowed shore line fishing last time the boat launch was closed?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Oh my gosh!!!! Looks like my next trip to San Antonio I can leave my deep driving crankbaits behind..wow

San Antonio River!!! Awesome.

Time to break out the 4 weight.

In all fairness to the lake, this pic is at mid point of the lake. There is still quite a sizeable lake toward the dam with 60 ft of water.

What it left is probably 3 miles long. Keep in mind SA is 21 miles long I believe at full pool.

Isabella isn't in much better shape

In all fairness to the lake, this pic is at mid point of the lake. There is still quite a sizeable lake toward the dam with 60 ft of water.
    In that case....

This is an example of unfair journalism whoever printed this as evidence.

;-)

Here is a pic of DVL taken on January 7th from the top of the ramp facing west. You can see the full pool water line on the right. The lake is around 60ft down but still has a ways to go before it reaches the end of the ramp. This lake is 4.5 miles long and 2 miles wide with well over 200ft of water in it's deepest locations, which is a lot of it. This lake still has more water in it than a full pool Lake Havasu. Even if the ramp does close, one can still shore fish or use their rental boats. So yes, there is a lot of fearmongering going on. If you really want to fear something concerning water, look to the water rights grab being attempted by the EPA as we speak.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast