Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: dvl closed for fishing

That is just the beginning, wait till they find a frog or something in one of the reservoirs that is effected by the drought conditions. Kind of like upstream of Little Rock Dam. If they want to close the fishing they will find a reason.......

I just got off the lake and not a word was mentioned by anyone there. Had a pretty dang good day out there as well. To me this sounds like fearmongering. But then again, there are agendas. Just ask Oblowzo and the EPA...

To add to this, there is no reason period to close artificial reservoirs to fishing unless they are reduced to puddles where access is impossible...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 01-29-2014 at 07:56 PM.

I don't like the state closing waters, either. But when lake levels reach single digits in respect to percent of capacity, I would think it would be irresponsible of anyone concerned about the resource to fish the body of water. Protect what's left of the fish for when the water returns. Closures are for the other 80% of the public who need to be told what the responsible thing is.

they are proposing stuff at their Feb 4th meeting. Most of the closures will be north cal rivers, to protect the steelhead and salmon fishery. Don't jump to conclusions quite yet

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    I don't like the state closing waters, either. But when lake levels reach single digits in respect to percent of capacity, I would think it would be irresponsible of anyone concerned about the resource to fish the body of water. Protect what's left of the fish for when the water returns. Closures are for the other 80% of the public who need to be told what the responsible thing is.
    Ask yourself this, why haven't we exponentially increased water storage capacity? Why do eco-nazis still want Hetch-Hetchy and Lake Powell drained? And why are we using precious water to generate electricity when we could have been building new power generation plants to match the population increase? We haven't built any in decades. And why on Earth are we allowing millions more into this state who shouldn't be here in the first place? More people, more water right? Who in the hell is in charge of this state and why are they such terrible planners? Oh wait, one party has been in perpetual control of this states legislature for nearly 40 years, go figure...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 01-29-2014 at 08:48 PM.

DVL isn't going anywhere guys...sorry to disappoint!! Nor is Perris or any other lake here in So Cal..

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    they are proposing stuff at their Feb 4th meeting. Most of the closures will be north cal rivers, to protect the steelhead and salmon fishery. Don't jump to conclusions quite yet
    Just watched a report on channel 9 where they interviewed Gov. Brown regarding the drought where a statement was made that they considered moving water from So Cal to more severely hit Northern reservoirs?

They also reported exactly what exfactor posted with the fish and wildlife closing Northern Calif. rivers.

Why Channel 2 news mentioned reservoirs, who knows?

After talking to a few friends that work at the DFW, as of right now the list will include:

Pyramid Lake
    Lake Isabella
    Lake McClure
    Cachuma Lake
    McSwain Lake
    San Luis Reservoir
    lake nacimiento
    San Antonio
    DVL

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — California is banning fishing in some drought-stricken streams and rivers on the state's central and north coasts in an effort to protect imperiled salmon and steelhead.

Charlton Bonham, director of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, said Wednesday that the move was made to protect as many fish as possible as streams flows dwindle.Among the closures are the San Lorenzo River and its tributaries in Santa Cruz County, the Big Sur River and area streams, the Eel River in Humboldt County and others.

Most of California is in extreme drought, which led Gov. Jerry Brown to declare a drought emergency.

The agency also recommended that the state Fish and Game Commission also close parts of the American and Russian Rivers.
    I'm surprised there is anything left of the San Lorenzo to close, it was down to almost nothing back when I was there back in October...time to start tuning the saltwater gear for 2014.

TD

Well they can just go f@$# themselves. Bet Brown would change his tune if all the fishermen and women could take a refund on their liscnese's and all the useless quagga mussel fee tags we had to poney up to this year. Sure hope the heavens open up and get us some rain real soon.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast