Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 2/13/14

Default Dvl 2/13/14

Skunked, two lost fish and that was it. My wife and I were on the water from about 0700 to 1500. The water temp went from 58 up to about 60 degrees, and there was almost no wind. A very nice day on the water. I talked to four other boat drives, all were skunked except one .. four bass for each of the two on board. Oh well, 10% of those fishing catch 90% of the fish. Our hooked fish cam on Margarita Mutilator and Morning Dawn. The guys with eight fish took theirs on Watermelon Roboworm and Sinkos. There were about 40 boats in the water when we launched, maybe some of those fellas will chime in with better information.

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    Skunked, two lost fish and that was it. My wife and I were on the water from about 0700 to 1500. The water temp went from 58 up to about 60 degrees, and there was almost no wind. A very nice day on the water. I talked to four other boat drives, all were skunked except one .. four bass for each of the two on board. Oh well, 10% of those fishing catch 90% of the fish. Our hooked fish cam on Margarita Mutilator and Morning Dawn. The guys with eight fish took theirs on Watermelon Roboworm and Sinkos. There were about 40 boats in the water when we launched, maybe some of those fellas will chime in with better information.
    I was out there we did good for a winter fish but the trick was dark colors... and big bait

we got 9.
    5 for me 4 for my buddy

where did you fish at on the lake.

and how deep were you seam most that we caught were 30 to 40 feet down but i did hit a 4.4 lber that was about 3 feet from the shore line

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140213_111409735.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	43449

Name:	IMG_20140213_085059088_HDR.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	43450

Name:	IMG_20140213_135602381.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	43451
    Last edited by benichi; 02-14-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Spent most of the time on the north coves. Less time on the quarry and southeast spots. We fished shallow.

Spent most of the time on the north coves. Less time on the quarry and southeast spots. We fished shallow.
    yeah we saw some in shallow but couldn't really get them to hit anything. the 4.4 lber i caught was just like fishing spawn I tossed my bait up near some rocks on the shoreline and with in 2 sec. she had it and ran to deep water.. but nothing else would do that so I just kinda got lucky with her.

Quote Originally Posted by benichi View Post
    yeah we saw some in shallow but couldn't really get them to hit anything. the 4.4 lber i caught was just like fishing spawn I tossed my bait up near some rocks on the shoreline and with in 2 sec. she had it and ran to deep water.. but nothing else would do that so I just kinda got lucky with her.
    Hey Ben! Good to see you made it out.

Fishing will make you feel better too! Good job on the catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Indo-angler View Post
    Hey Ben! Good to see you made it out.

Fishing will make you feel better too! Good job on the catch!
    yeah, chumed the waters a little in the morning but. caught some fish out there. sorry for canceling on you last minute. i really didnt want to go but a buddy dragged me out last minute as well... I will make it up to ya...

Quote Originally Posted by benichi View Post
    yeah, chumed the waters a little in the morning but. caught some fish out there. sorry for canceling on you last minute. i really didnt want to go but a buddy dragged me out last minute as well... I will make it up to ya...
    No problem.

I was glad to end up at Irvine and catch that 12.5 # channel cat on my 3# trout set up. That was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Indo-angler View Post
    No problem.

I was glad to end up at Irvine and catch that 12.5 # channel cat on my 3# trout set up. That was a blast.

I saw the pic man that is a nice cat!!! good job!!!

Sent you a message.