Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: dvl closed for fishing

Default dvl closed for fishing

man i hope i am wrong,just watched channel 2 news at six and jerry brown declared a drought and said fishing would be banned at some lakes--they showed dvl sorry if i gave bad info but i just saw it on tv.

Wow really? Hope they don't close silverwood

Why? If so what a A-Whole...

Oh man i hope not either were supposed go their saturday morning....anyone know where i can check so i dont show up and its closed...or any info on silverwood would b helpful.....

Guys I can't find anything online on any of this. Silverwood lake is full, why would they close a full lake? DVL is going to continue to go down but until boat launches can't occur once again why? They are dumb but I don't think this dumb.

If true it really is time to take back this fk'n state!

Seal it's to late to take back the state, but we still got time to take back the country. Looking for a few good men?

Hey seal,
    scroll to the bottom #15 at http://banning-beaumont.patch.com/gr...ght-conditions
    Or go here http://www.vcstar.com/news/2014/jan/...icken-streams/
    Or here http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...9/18749984.php

These sites do not name certain reservoirs but do say it is up to the DFG to make the decision
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 01-29-2014 at 07:36 PM.

I was watching Channel 2 News and I also heard mention of fishing ban on So Cal reservoirs......looked up and saw pics of some familiar looking lakes. It was one of those upcoming story clips and nothing was talked about before the news ended.????

I've also been doing searches and checking out the Channel 2 website. I can't find anything either?????

If the DFW deems it is necessary then we will lose our fishing in certain areas. Welcome to Ca. A truly F$%#ed up state.....

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — California is banning fishing in some drought-stricken streams and rivers on the state's central and north coasts in an effort to protect imperiled salmon and steelhead.

Charlton Bonham, director of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, said Wednesday that the move was made to protect as many fish as possible as streams flows dwindle.Among the closures are the San Lorenzo River and its tributaries in Santa Cruz County, the Big Sur River and area streams, the Eel River in Humboldt County and others.

Most of California is in extreme drought, which led Gov. Jerry Brown to declare a drought emergency.

The agency also recommended that the state Fish and Game Commission also close parts of the American and Russian Rivers.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast