Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Quick trip to Castaic Monday 1/27

Default Quick trip to Castaic Monday 1/27

Decided to hit morning bait bite up at castaic with a friend on monday. Didn't have time to get fresh dead , but had a few bags of anchoives left over from the last trip I had frozen. Starting to figure out what to look for on my electronics when I am out metering around to determine wether or not its worth stopping to bait fish. Hit a couple of outside areas, saw fish but nothing worth stopping on. Headed to necktie and metered around that whole area until finally saw what I was looking for then and decided to give it a try. Turned out they wanted the bait on the fall today! For the most part the school stayed put and didn't move more than 50 yards...I made sure I was directly over top of the school and followed them around with my trolling motor. At the most active, the school was up around 25-30ft of water.... but for the most part they stayed between 45-70ft of water. Had to leave early to head into work but had a decent morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper1.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	43333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper2.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	43334  

Great Job! Those look like nice sizes too. When you say "bait on the fall" are u saying you have no weights on the line? Also how cold and windy is it up there this week in the AM?

That's a mighty fine decent morning...way to go!

yes....I think you really lesson your odds on the fish if you have visible stuff that mr. striper can see.

Sounds like a good day, cooler filling.