Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is gonna win the superbowl

As A player myself i don't want the "Rival" coming up to me smacking me in the butt saying good game that's basically being saracastic so I would've done the same thing & im pretty sure a lot of smack talking was done way before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    What did Sherman say to Crabtree when he offered his hand for a handshake and was pushed away "Hell uv a game" was caught on NFL recordings.

You and many others might want to rethink who the real "thug" is in this picture.

Screw Denver just cause now my money is now going all on Seatlle, go Hawks, CAW CAW!

Hey Cutbait I feel bad for you when manning retires or goes down. So enjoy it
    Denver Mannings

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I want my cake NOW!

What did Sherman say to Crabtree when he offered his hand for a handshake and was pushed away "Hell uv a game" was caught on NFL recordings.

You and many others might want to rethink who the real "thug" is in this picture.

Screw Denver just cause now my money is now going all on Seatlle, go Hawks, CAW CAW!

Sherman is an extremely intelligent and articulate individual. Don't get fooled by the thug life stuff on the field he's far from that.

Oh & I never mentioned Sherman being a thug I mean he is from Compton !! I just cant stand his smack talking. first win a superbowl then do all of the talking that you want. better yet calling himself "The best Corner In the league" really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    As A player myself i don't want the "Rival" coming up to me smacking me in the butt saying good game that's basically being saracastic so I would've done the same thing & im pretty sure a lot of smack talking was done way before that.
    Mr. T-rex,

If you watch the video, Sherman was being far from sarcastic, and it was very genuine gesture. This was akin to a hockey player skipping out on handshakes after the game simply because they lost.

What was more interesting was the talking points the media created afterwards, which I'm glad Sherman addressed in a very articulate manner.

In the upcoming days leading up to the Superbowl, it won't surprise me if media outlets create the "Crass (Seahawks) versus Class (Payton & Co)" argument so they have more reasons to stir up the discussion.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 01-23-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    Sherman is an extremely intelligent and articulate individual. Don't get fooled by the thug life stuff on the field he's far from that.
    I'm aware of that. My family lives up in the Seattle area and I visit regularly. He is thought of highly up there and has worked with many charities.

T-Rex for those that are "players" you must then realize that when your adrenaline is that high for some it becomes very hard to drop down and be level headed, I'd fall into that category. Then there are those that play a different position, say QB, that have to be under control at all times, they are much better choices for a composed interview immediately following a game.

Whatever the situation if you want to hate him because his team beat yours he's an easy target.
    Last edited by seal; 01-23-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Oh & I never mentioned Sherman being a thug I mean he is from Compton !!
    Seriously?

What's that supposed to mean?

I just cant stand his smack talking. first win a superbowl then do all of the talking that you want. better yet calling himself "The best Corner In the league" really.
    Um, considering if you look at numbers, he IS the best cover corner in the league.

Here's some reading for you:

Sherman is, statistically, the best cover corner in football

You might have heard a broadcaster say this about Sherman, but it's rare to hear anyone go into much detail about what this actually means. Here's a little nerd talk to make it seem like you know what you're talking about.

To start, let's go to our favorite individual metric for coverage, Pro Football Focus's yards per snap in coverage. This stat measures how many yards a defensive back's assigned man gets for every snap he's in coverage. So if a cornerback drops into coverage 50 times in a game and gives up 100 total yards, the number will be 2; if he drops back those same 50 times and gives up 25 yards, it's 0.5. Sherman's number is 0.77 yards per coverage snap—second in the league behind Darrelle Revis's 0.72. This is a preposterous number on its own, but Sherman's targets per snap in coverage—the Deion metric, basically—is 9.5, the best figure in the last two years. There's a huge drop down to Revis at 8.8, and another huge drop to 7.7 for third place Patrick Peterson and Keenen Lewis.

Sherman also leads the league in interceptions, QB Rating against, and coverage snaps per reception, and has one of the lowest ratios of YAC to total yards allowed of all cornerbacks. He is a beast. Even compared to this season of Revis (who's been fantastic himself). Sherman has more talent around him (though not that much more), but by Football Outsiders' count, his defense also started drives with an average lead of 6.31, third highest in the league—offenses were coming in gunning, and Sherman didn't just keep his rate stats down, but managed to be in the top 10 for raw yards given up, too.
    Real talk.

We can argue about this all day
    Both Sherman and Crab did wrong

I'm aware of that. My family lives up in the Seattle area and I visit regularly. He is thought of highly up there and has worked with many charities.

T-Rex for those that are "players" you must then realize that when your adrenaline is that high for some it becomes very hard to drop down and be level headed, I'd fall into that category. Then there are those that play a different position, say QB, that have to be under control at all times, they are much better choices for a composed interview immediately following a game.

Whatever the situation if you want to hate him because his team beat yours he's an easy target.

Ive had to stop listening to Sports Radio.

All Sherman all the time.

Will 2 weeks of Sherman screaming down the "golden girl" drama be a cloud over the SeaHawks?

That's basically the reason why people call him ghetto.. and he is suppose to be humble about that especially going into the superbowl
    Now hes going to be the target and lets see how his career goes from now on.
    You don't call out another player saying "Mediocre" wide receiver "sorry" Wide receiver come on man
    Be Humble
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Seriously?

What's that supposed to mean?

Um, considering if you look at numbers, he IS the best cover corner in the league.

Here's some reading for you:

Real talk.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast