Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: California Drought Conditions

[QUOTE=seal;714698]PROOF! Finally proof of global warming I'm a believer!

Ya know it really was pitiful flying to Seattle for Christmas. Some snow but really minimal. When I got there I had one about 3 hour period of rain in the 6 days I was there. They just recorded .02 hundredths of an inch of rain at Seatac that stopped a 9 day dry period, 15 days is the record for January and not much on the horizon up there even. This is only the beginning if it stays dry I don't think anybody can predict all the crap that's going to occur come late summer and into next fall.

Little blurb by the mammoth weather that maybe a couple weeks out we might get a train of weather come into central Cal. but this isn't the first time they've seen something that didn't occur during this dry spell.

I hate it very boring! That and we need some low's to stir up the bite.
    THAT!!!!

A freaking men...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    It's official. Driest year on record in California.

http://gov.ca.gov/home.php

You can read the details there. For those that don't like reading, two sections caught my eye:

And it has begun:

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/08/605...-american.html

How will this drought possibly affect your fishing opportunities in 2014?
    It could cancel our annual 2 week trip to Upper Twin Lakes Bridgeport in June. And the already lllloooonnnng walk up the ramp at DVL will get even longer until boats will be unable to launch.

But what I really want to know is since the San Onofre nuke plant closed we made up for lost energy using increased hydro-generation. Reservoir water level like DVL's were dropped because they were generating power. So no water, no turning the turbines. Will we see blackouts this summer?

And to think the eco-nazis STILL want to drain Hetch-Hetchy and Lake Powell.

And it has begun:
    What was that that Rahm Emanuel said? Something like "never let a good crisis go to waste"?

Not looking good at all, amazing pics here.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Come on people!!!!!!!! Just graph it out, the planet is getting warmer in direct proportion to all the Crap were putting in the atmosphere.
    Just as it has over millions of years, along with sequential cooling trends. The warming and cooling cycles of the Earth always seem to be lost on the liberal types. As per usual.... I get tired of it...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Just as it has over millions of years, along with sequential cooling trends. The warming and cooling cycles of the Earth always seem to be lost on the liberal types. As per usual.... I get tired of it...sigh
    It's so sad that one political party beliefs are so misguided. Forget Global warming for a second, a recent poll say's 48% of all Republicans don't believe in Evolution. I've seen first hand evolution in my own finger tips of creatures evolving and adapting. Let alone what I learned in school. So when I see the same people po poing Biology and then turning to climate, how much credibility do they really have???????

It's so sad that one political party beliefs are so misguided. Forget Global warming for a second, a recent poll say's 48% of all Republicans don't believe in Evolution. I've seen first hand evolution in my own finger tips of creatures evolving and adapting. Let alone what I learned in school. So when I see the same people po poing Biology and then turning to climate, how much credibility do they really have???????
    Post the poll!

Without it you sound like a biased elitist, who thinks he has mental superiority over the Republican party members. Well "48%" of them.

Come on Elitist? Show proof or you just generalized an opposing view as ignorant by making up a number.

I have a recent poll that shows 99% of Dems breed rabid dogs...

See? my poll is just as accurate as yours

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    This is an example of unfair journalism whoever printed this as evidence.

Fact is Nov. and Dec. of 2012 were RECORD snowfall months. Hence the 150% avg pic of 1-13

Not to minimize the drought, but the 1-14 pic vs 1-13 pic is not a fair comparison.

The 1-13 pic is of record snowfall from the previous two months, the 1-14 is of record drought. So these two pics are of extreme opposites and hardly a fair comparison to normal snow count

Funny, I happen to be a biologist. I also happen to believe in Evolution. However, "global warming" is a term that liberal wack-jobs, much like yourself, use to push a political agenda. I don't see any liberal politicians presenting the data which shows the Earth slowly warming and cooling, repeating over and over, for millions of years. Climate change is simply part of the natural cycle of an aging Earth. Further, so few liberals seem to fail in understanding true data. Even if we suffer 100 years of less than average rainfall here in the Southwest, what you wack-jobs call a life-altering, cataclysmic drought is nothing more than a grain of sand of climate variation on the beach of climate change based on the age of the earth which is billions of years....So insignificant, in fact, that it would not even be graph-able. Its quantitative value would be close to nothing. So quit scaring people.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 01-24-2014 at 08:57 AM.

SQUACK SQUACK

This is tucky's fate once the Fabians are done with their "useful idiots"...

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    This is an example of unfair journalism whoever printed this as evidence.

Fact is Nov. and Dec. of 2012 were RECORD snowfall months. Hence the 150% avg pic of 1-13

Not to minimize the drought, but the 1-14 pic vs 1-13 pic is not a fair comparison.
    Using a time frame of exactly one year to compare is unfair journalism? I think choosing random dates to FIT whatever agenda you're trying to push would be unfair journalism. I would accept your argument if the first image was taken in December of 2013 and the other image was taken in the middle of the summer. THAT would be 'unfair journalism,' as you put it.

Which time frames would you prefer them to compare the snow pack from so that it wouldn't be 'unfair?'

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast