Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California Drought Conditions

Default California Drought Conditions

It's official. Driest year on record in California.

http://gov.ca.gov/home.php

You can read the details there. For those that don't like reading, two sections caught my eye:

14.The Department of Fish and Wildlife will evaluate and manage the changing impacts of drought on threatened and endangered species and species of special concern, and develop contingency plans for state Wildlife Areas and Ecological Reserves to manage reduced water resources in the public interest.

15. The Department of Fish and Wildlife will work with the Fish and Game Commission, using the best available science, to determine whether restricting fishing in certain areas will become necessary and prudent as drought conditions persist.

And it has begun:

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/08/605...-american.html

How will this drought possibly affect your fishing opportunities in 2014?

PLEASE GIVE US RAIN!!! Like 1 heavy month would do wonders!!

Glad that this was posted. For those that like to target our local mountain streams for the little trout should get that out of their systems early this year, it's going to be a rough summer on them if we don't get a bunch of rain or a huge monsoonal push this summer. Water temps will be way too high and mortality rates will go way up if you try and release those fish.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Glad that this was posted. For those that like to target our local mountain streams for the little trout should get that out of their systems early this year, it's going to be a rough summer on them if we don't get a bunch of rain or a huge monsoonal push this summer. Water temps will be way too high and mortality rates will go way up if you try and release those fish.
    Thanks for that tidbit, Seal. I was going to post that but didn't want to come off as some trout hugging hippie. I did some scouting in the SBNF last week and it doesn't look good at all for our watersheds down here, or up north.

Hopefully your advice is taken to heart and no added pressure occurs from anglers this year.

I know Montana passed several decrees last year due to their water situation and closed rivers and streams completely, or restricted what time you could fish the areas. I'd say that DFG would follow suit, but I don't think they have the personnel to actually come up with a plan like this. It's easier to close an entire body of water and move onto the next task at hand.

Anybody else besides me believe in a little man made climate change???? lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Anybody else besides me believe in a little man made climate change???? lol
    Tell that to those that live in the northeast and midwest the next couple weeks, wait I know the fact that weather is dynamic and changes proves that climate change lives.

Cold and wet on the east, dry and warm southwest, normal poop, maybe you can ask those climate expert dudes that got stuck in the ice when they went to study the Antarctic ice cap and had to be rescued, they might have the answer. Wait the fact that it's getting colder and the icecap grew is just an anomaly, wait etc.. wait etc... wait etc...

If you guys didn't try so damn hard trying to relate everything in the current weather patterns to climate change related crap then maybe we wouldn't think you are all out of your freak'n minds!

Isn't everyday you wake up and the temperature is different than yesterday "climate change"? Maybe you all should find a new catch phrase.

Tell that to those that live in the northeast and midwest the next couple weeks, wait I know the fact that weather is dynamic and changes proves that climate change lives.

Cold and wet on the east, dry and warm southwest, normal poop, maybe you can ask those climate expert dudes that got stuck in the ice when they went to study the Antarctic ice cap and had to be rescued, they might have the answer. Wait the fact that it's getting colder and the icecap grew is just an anomaly, wait etc.. wait etc... wait etc...

If you guys didn't try so damn hard trying to relate everything in the current weather patterns to climate change related crap then maybe we wouldn't think you are all out of your freak'n minds!

Isn't everyday you wake up and the temperature is different than yesterday "climate change"? Maybe you all should find a new catch phrase.
    Come on people!!!!!!!! Just graph it out, the planet is getting warmer in direct proportion to all the Crap were putting in the atmosphere.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-21-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Riverside only 1.5 inch so far this winter and Corona next door only 0.52.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Come on people!!!!!!!! Just graph it out, the planet is getting warmer in direct proportion to all the Crap were putting in the atmosphere.
    Might be true but using current weather conditions to influence peoples opinions is disingenuous if not intentionally misleading. It waters down your argument because there is absolutely no credible scientists saying that current climate conditions that occur on a weekly, monthly or even yearly basis are directly attributed to "climate change". Then when called on it you guys fall back on the idea that just because we challenge you on it means we don't believe that it might be or is occurring.

Damn sheeple.

Might be true but using current weather conditions to influence peoples opinions is disingenuous if not intentionally misleading. It waters down your argument because there is absolutely no credible scientists saying that current climate conditions that occur on a weekly, monthly or even yearly basis are directly attributed to "climate change". Then when called on it you guys fall back on the idea that just because we challenge you on it means we don't believe that it might be or is occurring.

Damn sheeple.
    Do you know that we are the last modern country, that doubts that Global Warming is real?????

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast