Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New to FNN

Default New to FNN

Hello from socal , been fishing most of my life for lmb & offshore . Never joined any fishing forums because bass fisherman are pretty tight lipped , but here not so much . I have fished most of the lakes from San Diego to lake San Antonio & every year I fish the sierras , mostly from float tubes and boats . Lately I have been fishing Perris- Success & Newport Harbor . Have been reading posts about the aqueduct , so Sunday we went to the duct .We fished from Old school rd. to Buena Vista area , no fish but did get a bite on a fluke on the drop.. should of set the hook .. it was like the thump when spooning for bass . Any tips on the duct would be appreciated , only been there once but have a better idea what to throw . Was thinking about trying the AV area its closer than Taft , but haven't seen many posts from there lately . I have caught DD largemouth, sand bass and calico bass, now I want to add stripers to the list .

Fish Hard !
    Wildlife

Welcome to the board, looking forward to some of your reports.

Thanks for the welcome Wingnut, great post about the LC's can't wait to wet a line.

Welcome,nice going on the Sandies,Calicos,and LMBS,sounds kinda like my experience,I've caught some stripers but never anything big.

Cya Tuna Vic

Welcome to Fnn Wildlife. My question to you is since you live in So cal, why drive all the way to the Duct when you can catch Stripey in DVL and Skinner? Both lakes are loaded with them...

Thanks for the welcome guys , I've caught stripers at skinner on shad years ago but the only boat I have any more is a 10' jon boat and trolling motor . Have never fished DVL , I have a friend who lives near there and walks the shoreline and does ok on lmb ... pretty good since he's mostly a trout fisherman . Would love to try DVL , I seen that a guy caught a striper close to the lake record from shore , sounds like a great place . As to why travel so far , I hunt above Bakersfield several times a year and have a friend who lives there so thought I'd give it a try .

Again many thanks guys.

welcome fellow fisherman, your going love it here lots of info given out, except for locations.

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to your future posts.

Welcome to the site Wildlife.
    Sounds like you know what you're doing.
    Keep it up and I look forward to your reports.
    Robert
    <><