Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/16-2013 Lake Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by blufinhker View Post
    It has Nothing to do with it being closer or not. However it has Everything to do with not putting up
    with waiting in line at DVL to fish. Or fighting the tournament fisherman every weekend.Being able to fish
    at 6:00 am when it is still dark out.Being able to fish till late in the evening.We have been fishing this late
    for the past 7 years or so and the fishing has been outstanding not to mention catching several fish to 8 - 91/2
    pounds. Thanks Pete for Never Looking Back .
    7 years and NO 10's... Thanks for staying on Vail haha. Pete is right on the $$$

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCarpSuck View Post
    7 years and NO 10's... Thanks for staying on Vail haha. Pete is right on the $$$
    Yes, because tons of 6s and 7s doesn't add up to catching one 10.

Why not 11?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Why not 11?

Can I get a 12? Anybody got a 12? anyone? Going once, going twice........Yuuuuuuuuup!
    HaHa. Good one DS. I'd take the private, fish when you want with no hassles and crowd if I could afford it (daughter going to college this year) and it was closer.
    I have friends that had memberships there and the fishing can be....let's just say "better than most lakes" at times. It has it's down times as Art said, but when it's good, it's really good!
    Probably not as many double digit fish as Perris, but a LOT less hassle, especially during lake lice season, which is getting longer and longer, thanks to our nice weather and better wetsuits.

Brent

Youre right about the lake lice thing Brent.. With the economy getting better more and more people are getting toys again and summer is getting crowded again...THATS FOR SURE!!!

Youre also right..in that... If you can afford it and its closer, its a great alternative.. Makes sense to me..

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Why not 11?

You're right, it doesn't! That's just me though...or is it?

my parents would go there and i found that during the week when i fish that there are more people on vail most the time then on dvl.. for the cost I stopped and now go to dvl the fishing is great just like any lake it takes a couple times to get settled in but we never have to really wait. last time the line was to the stop sign and the marina people came to every car in a little golf cart so you could pay and then the gates opened and everyone went right through. think about how many time you can go to dvl for the amount your paying vail. and shoot why not make a trip to dvl to see if the wait is long for ya and how your experience is this time around. if it sucks renew, if you think it is ok I say you cant beat dvl

best of luck to ya
    tight lines out there

Quote Originally Posted by BSalvati View Post
    Amazingly slow right now. Fished 4 hours this morning with no bites even. I have not been skunked at Vail in probably 3 years.

The question now, to renew or not to renew? Nervous about the bankruptcy. If I don't renew I need to spend the money re-engineing the boat to DVL and Skinner standards. What would you do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12