Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skinner Information

Default Skinner Information

I've only fished Skinner once this month and it was in the late afternoon. I didn't catch or see anyone else catch a fish in the 4+ hours I was on the water. I'm thinking about going Thursday morning. Any information on the striper or LMB bite would be appreciated.
    Dale

It's been tough fishing Skinner. Maybe try cut anchovies on a treble hook.

Warm weather, blue skies, not much of a bite. Fish are deeper. Trolling was tough. Not many shad boats out there, so they are probably scattered too. Wait til the next front comes in...Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    Warm weather, blue skies, not much of a bite. Fish are deeper. Trolling was tough. Not many shad boats out there, so they are probably scattered too. Wait til the next front comes in...Good luck.
    Thanks for the information. I might hold off until then.

I've spoken to a few regulars early this week and they are crying. Both early and afternoon bites are off. Beautiful weather though and lots of wildlife on the shoreline :)

go deep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Twin Downrigs ready for the weekend!

Thanks Pat and Bob, but I'm not much on trolling. I've read articles from Lake Texoma guides talking about dead sticking for stripers in deep water. Have you guy's tried it?

I watched those vids too. Never tried it though. I have tried Ice Jigging. Haven't been too successful at it.

Well, didn't have to go deep today 1/18. Took a quick turn with the u-rig around the east end to see what was up and got hit pretty quick by a schoolie while it was still pretty dark. Pulled up near a shoreline and waited for the top water action to go off. Threw the Sammy and jerkbait around for nada. Decided to drop the rig and troll. Hit another 2 pounder then it started. Hooked up a 12 pounder followed by a 7 then a 5 pound. So by 8:30 had 5 on board. Things died out after that and I left around 10:15 after taking a turn around the ramp 2 area. Water is up to 53*ish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast