Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: High Noon Huntin'...

Default High Noon Huntin'...

Long ago I was told that anybody can catch a fish at 6am, but it takes a real pro to catch them at high noon. So, like a true warrior, I rolled out of the sack around 9am and was on the water at the crack of 1030. Trolled for an hour or so for nothing. First fish hit almost right at high noon between Trout Island and the West Shore. Set up a drift through the area and popped another about 20mins later. Both solid fish at about 4lbs. Headed in for a hot dog and was back out about 130. Paddled to mid-lake towards the buoy line for nada...except for one genius who crossed both my lines with his aluminum. I yelled a few times, but the bat rastard kept on going into Sierra Cove. Thought about heading in there and having a discussion with him, but he had his wife and kid in the boat with him so I paddled on.

Saw a few trout puddle off Sierra point so I set up another drift. Took about ten mins but fish #3 was soon on the stringer. Kept the drift going down the cliffs and hit #4 at about 330. Couldn't finish the limit and some guy in a patrol boat who had more authority than I did told me to leave at about 445 or so. Four fish, good weather, one idiot who cut me off...not a bad Saturday.

Heard some hoots from down the west shore, and saw some stringers hanging off a few boats, but all in all it seemed like a slow day out there. Most everyone had at least one it seemed like, but the fishing was far from wide open. Everyone I talked to said that they really had to work for the fish and that the troll bite was pretty slow. I concur, although Im sure someone figured it out. Like last week, I caught my four fish on four different lures, and all were pretty old school. Also, two of the fish I landed had other lines in their mouths. Both had eaten bait on a treble hook with a split shot. All fish fought well.

The Dude Abides...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Noon 1.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	43227

Thanks for the report.
    I got four also. Worked all day long for them.
    Patrol kicked me off too.
    Great day fishing.

Nice going out there, solid fish on the stringer! Thanks for a replay on the day.

TD