Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laguna Niguel or Irvine???

Quote Originally Posted by esteban1t View Post
    @etucker i think im up for the challenge. I will be with my grandpa so it will be three trout rods in the water anyway
    @mission , it is 28 per person plus a 5 dollar fee to enter park. plus 10 for the launch fee for a float tube
    That's funny you should ask about the catfish. When we were fishing there today, we tried to figure out if they stocked any catfish in 2013 with no luck. I know they did in 2012 because I fished for them and we caught several really nice ones. There is always going to be hold overs of everything but Trout, so good luck!!!!!!! Post a report if you catch any, if you do guess who will be bringing a catfish pole with him next time???? lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-10-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That's funny you should ask about the catfish. When we were fishing there today, we tried to figure out if they stocked any catfish in 2013 with no luck. I know they did in 2012 because I fished for them and we caught several really nice ones. There is always going to be hold overs of everything but Trout, so good luck!!!!!!! Post a report if you catch any, if you do guess who will be bringing a catfish pole with him next time???? lol
    Yeah i noticed they never stocked, i really wanted to go during summer.... i just ended up going to irvine, and i had luck there.
    and i will post a report, will be there just before opening on sunday morning, probably just going to use mackerel if they still have some in their freezer

ive been consideing LNL as well since the city park lakes in OC/LA havent been stocked in a few weeks (whats up with that anyways?) LNL is pricey....but i hear quantuty and size make it worth it ?

and i agree that Irvine is yucky...water level is disgustingly low

went today, and it was SLOW for a lot of people, most people only got 2-3 .
    there were BIG fish caught though, a 7 pounder and a 14
    little cousin finally got his first fish, ended the day with 2 fish , one on powerbait and 1 one on a trout worm
    there was a guy trolling who caught at least 10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12