Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1-8-14 Not to bad

Default 1-8-14 Not to bad

It's been a while Since I fished SIlverwood.

We've been wanting to go for a while now and Yesterday was the day we finally made it out. I made 3 stops to let the remainder water out my outboard.
    Damn outboard was pouring 5-10 drops each stop and thought for sure I'd fail. The day before I did a lot to get out any remainder water but I guess there's
    a reserve in there becasue it had a lot of water still the next morning. So I made one final stop before entering the gates and dripped 3 drops
    Got to the entrance at 8:30 and no drops passed inspection and drove away like I had just stole something, lol. Guess it was meant to be.
    Just fyi, silverwood is not enforcing quagga sticker yet! I had it anyways!

1st hour we tried A-rigs, Jerks, tw, spoons ect and not a hit. Then we switched over to fresh chovis and fresh shad (both frozen) and the bite was on.
    The bite was pretty consistent throughout the day. We ended the day with 2 limits, lost a good 6-8, lot's of short hit n run strikes.
    All small but small fish is better than no Fish I guess! It was still a fun day and better than being at home thinking about fishing

way to slay,,,,,,,i like that line i hauled *** like i stole something,,,,,,lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you fish the inlet?,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey serg, what's the water temp?

Awesome...WTG...I've never been myself but headed up there superbowl weekend....hope their on the chew....congrats again u guys MASHED them.....

Tony G

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    way to slay,,,,,,,i like that line i hauled *** like i stole something,,,,,,lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you fish the inlet?,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Thanks
    Yes we did. few inlet, few in cleghorn and the rest in the marina area.

water temp 51-52

Nice job on the catching, those just the right size for eating.

My boat does the same thing. I just keep drying it over and over. It has three fiberglass hulls and floatation foam in it.

Thanks for that excellent report! My outboard does the same thing, I always stop twice on an uphill pullout and drop that baby all the way down to shake out the last couple drops, it's like it has a prostate problem or something lol